Saturday, February 28, 2009

JEEPERS CREEPERS--DOLL HEADS and ROBOTS!!!

HELLO!!!!! I haven't forgotten about you--I have been on mental hiatus from blogging, and have been praticing becoming a human vegetable, playing games all week on the computer. It's been a year and half of blogging, and almost every day I have posted, and sometimes more than once...so I took a much deserved break!! But, I am back now!!

This is my latest find. This old doll head was given to me yesterday!! I literally squealed with joy. LOL..the man looked at me like I had cut my own head off...but, I was beyond excited!! I can make this beautiful with the info that I learned in JoAnna Peirotti's class!! The hair on this doll is MAGNIFICENT. It's a beautiful deep red, and in excellent condition!! Just remember this scary creature--and in a couple of days, I will show you her "make-over"...LOL..

Now..onto ROBOTS...Nature Boy has been creating again--I told him he was going to have to get his own blog, and that I wasn't MARKETING him too...LOL..(Though, he has an appointment to take his Folk Art Canes to a GALLERY on Friday..hhahaha). I haven't showed you the canes and walking sticks that he has been making, but he's sold two of them so far, for decent money, so...while I was talking to a gallery owner about MY art, I threw Nature Boy's art in there too..so, the man is excited about our little husband and wife team..hehee.



This are assemblage robots. Very cool! He's not completely done with them, so I didn't take very good pics, but they are AWESOME!! I am going to hang them on our wall...until someone wants to buy them..LOL.
Well, it's nasty and rainy, so I am going to go hide in the studio, and try to play catch up today. Monday morning, I go to install my first retail store display of my art. I am very excited!! I have been making appointments, applying for art shows, and all kinds of stuff this week...I'll tell you more as it comes up!
Live Artfully!
~~Suzan~~


3 comments:

Artsnark said...

love the icky pox on the doll. Robots are very cool too!

Jazz said...

I don't know why, but that doll head creeps me right the hell out... *shudder*

I can't wait to see what happens to her.

PS: Nature Boy, love the 'bots!

Willnnabel said...

"Jingles" the name for the doll with the coins. hmmm neat dolls.