Friday, June 19, 2009

PUTTING MY PRIORITIES IN ORDER

Well...this morning, like every morning for the past few months, I got up, and hopped on Facebook, and preceeded to play at least 4 games on there. I had a farm to tend to, a Mafia to run, and a house to decorate...Well, NO MORE. After 2 1/2 hours of my life being wasted on mindless games--I deleted them all. I whine constantly about not having time to DO what I need to do, and I whine constantly that I cannot keep up with my sales, and replace my art...but, then I spend 3 hours (at least) a day, playing games. On top of blogging, Flickr, Ning Networking, etc..etc..So, honestly let's say 5 hours a day is spent on the computer. Three of those hours are not constructive..so, that's 90 wasted hours a month..I could produce A LOT of paintings in 90 hours. Maybe I could even find time to journal again, and have some fun with my art!! So, goodbye Facebook games...hello free time to work on art!!
Live Artfully!
Suzan

7 comments:

katemade designs said...

Bravo to you.
I whine about time too but seem powerless against late night tv. I stayed away from FB games for the same reason you are now turning them off. so many better things to do with our time.

Cindy said...

Ouch, I read this just as I finished one more game of Spider Solitaire!!! It is an addiction!! Let us know how it goes for you - LOL!!!

Krishanna Magic said...

Yup.. the FB Games are real timesuckers. I used to play Knighthood until I got bored and decided I could use my time more effectively. ;)

Shelley Malone said...

Yay for you!!! I'm impressed already at how much you seem to accomplish. I can't wait to see what happens now that you're creating all this extra time for yourself.

Unknown said...

We so often say *I don't have time for that* or *Where did the time go?* We are the keepers of our time aren't we Suzan...I for one CHOOSE too often to sit here checking out all the msgs I get from belonging to TOO many groups....I too am trying to Prioritize my time...we all have 24 hrs in a day!!! Gonna use it wisely!!!
Good for you!!!

Sacred Yoli said...

You are an inspiration. I got sucked into the farm game on Facebook too! However, my addiction is running deep right now, but I am sure in time, I will let it go too. I don't even farm in real life! haha.

Best wishes to you!

Loudlife said...

Welcome to my world! (hmmm....I guess I mean Good-bye to my world?) I'm the same only my game world of choice is Big Fish Games (.com). Gotta tap into your willpower...