Thursday, June 25, 2009

SLAPPING SOME PAINT ON WOOD...

"THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE--AREN'T "THINGS"'--(quote stuck in my head this morning)

Good Happy Morning!! I got up this morning, and while watching Nash Bridges (LOVEEEE DON JOHNSON)...I painted 3 of my little paintings on wood. In the hour that the show was on, I got all of these done. I just slapped the paint on, really not thinking much at all. Maybe if I thought about every little brushstroke--I could have done better...but maybe not.

Last night, this new show came on ..it was called The Philanthropist. I started watching it, while sitting and working on art dolls, and it had a pretty good story line--and a cute guy-lead character. I had seen him before--and couldn't place him..it was literally driving me insane. I thought and thought and thought about it. Then it hit me. He was the same actor that played King Edward in the movie "A Knight's Tale". I liked him in that movie, and now, I guess I have yet ANOTHER silly tv show to watch. If you get a chance, watch the show--it looks like it may turn out to be a good one!!

Nothing much else is happening--Nature Boy is building Robots, and making wood backgrounds for some new assemblage pieces, and I am working fervently to get pieces for this week's art market. I like having to get a certain number of pieces for an event, and Thank the Good Lord Above, that so far, I am able to work, and keep up. A lot of artist have trouble doing a show or two, and I am fortunate to be able to do a "show" EVERY WEEK. That's what I am grateful for today!!
I hope you all have a creative, happy day!
~~Suzan~~

2 comments:

Lana said...

Suzan ~ what size is that painting of the man with the bird on his head? I love it and want it! I also want an Americana Flag piece. Wish I were going to be at the market Sunday :+{ Love ya, Lana

Anonymous said...

You are so fast at creating these wonderful paintings! Your totally gifted!