Wednesday, February 24, 2010

THE PAINTING PROCESS...

I was going to show this blog post last week, when I finished this painting, but got side-tracked, and didn't get around to it.
1.I liked the paint worn look on my re-purposed board..so, I didn't gesso it or anything. I drew my picture out--something that I rarely do--and then watered down some paint and just "glazed" the background.
2.Next, I blackened in some areas with black gesso. I do this if I want something to "pop". I did the fish, the dog, and the tree.
3. Next I took white paint, and added some detail to the gesso-ed elements.Also put some blue in the eye. The eye was an afterthought--I didn't initially have it in mind, but thought about it as the white lines sort of formed an eye shape.
4. Next I added the first layer of glaze (thinned down paint) to the body..I continued to add glaze to it, and some more solid colors..then added some colors to the fish, dog, and face....kept adding..
5. TA-DA...finished!!(actually once I got "into" painting, I forgot to take more pictures...lol.
Live Artfully!!

6 comments:

Jazz said...

Thanks for the view into your process.

Sharon said...

Oh baby, baby!! That tree with the eye is the bestest! This one is so fab, I love it. You are a genius!!

Sueann said...

I love this painting and seeing the process was fab!!! Thanks
Hugs
SueAnn

Seth said...

I can never get enough of these process posts. Thanks for showing us how you do it!

Оksana said...

Beautiful picture! And it was very interesting to read how you did it!
Love you works!
Oksana

Оksana said...

Beautiful picture! And it was very interesting to read how you did it!
Love you works!
Oksana