Sunday, August 15, 2010

THE PAINTING FROM HELL...6 PAINTINGS IN ONE...

OMG...I painted the first painting..and BEFORE I PAINTED IT RED--I LOVED IT..but, then...I JUST HAD to paint the background red..and put those tacky gold stars all around. It looked like a poodle threw up at Christmas dinner type thing....so then I tried dripping the background..and it keep getting busier, and busier...and I was hating it more and more...so I kept painting, and kept painting..then I LOVED the face, but the NECK was driving me crazy..she looked like she had a collar of chains on..so I fixed that...kept painting, kept painting...then ...it looked boring to me..so I kept painting, and kept painting......decided on a girl with a "halo" and the Lord's Prayer in the background...I spent TWO HOURS stamping out the Lord's Prayer behind her..and when she was done..I HATED IT...So..I went outside...took Nature Boy's (my husband) sander, and sanded the whole thing..for a LONG time (all the while imagining that a masterpiece was going to secretly reveal itself to me..LOL)..and when it wasn't working, I just painted some more on it...by now, I am hating it..thinking of burning it...wanting it to be GONE...but, I kept painting..painting...painting. Finally..got to the last stage. GUESS WHAT??? I STILL HATE IT!!! (laughing)...OH WELL....Live Artfully!!

10 comments:

Sueann said...

Too funny!! Loved seeing the process!!
Don't hate it...just set is aside and start another. Come back to this one later! A masterpiece does lurk there; I am sure of it!
Hugs
SueAnn

Janet Ghio said...

I loved watching the progression. And I thought each painting had merits. Maybe it's time to set this canvas aside for awhile and come back to it later!!

Cindy said...

LOL! Well, they all looked very interesting, but the last one looks like your style!

Unknown said...

Can you keep the face/hair and re-do the background that you loved? I really like the final face/hair and think it would look superb with the first image background, lol. Ahh well, that's part of art, right?? :-)

Your work is amazing, I love coming back and checking out your new creations!

Karen Kay said...

Happens to me all the time! I generally just toss it in a corner and leave it there for a few days. I like the next to the last one the best. Love your blog and seeing all of your work. You paint more than anybody I know!

Janie Husband said...

i have to chuckle at this...i think most artists have been there...i see several that i like...the madonna being one of them...

JUNKER JANE said...

:D :D :D

I'm sooo glad I am not the only one who goes through this!!
But, it's a great painting in the end!! :)

Murphy's Mom said...

Pushing through our internal editor....knowing when to stop....getting through the "ugly" bits...
Thank you for sharing your process and your amazing work.

Anonymous said...

this hilarious explanation of your long and tedious and many stepped attempts made me smile!

woman, you are so not alone in this department....although I love all that you do...you are too harsh of a critic on yourself...but then again I'm the same in that department too! lol

great colours on your blog! so pleasing and fun to look through!

i'll linger some more!

ciao bella

CREATIVE CARMELINA

Ayala Art said...

This is such a great post! I actually like ALL the steps, and the last result! You don't mention the size of it, how big is it?