Monday, September 13, 2010

ONE MORE SHOW DOWN....EIGHT TO GO!!!

Hello!! This weekend we did the ART ON THE SQUARE Art Show in Athens, Alabama. It was suppose to be outside, and on their town square, but due to the threat of bad weather--they moved us inside the local university's gym. SO...we ended up INSIDE--with air conditioning--and it was PERFECT. We set up, we met some super nice people, there was a good variety of art there. I bought the best photograph from the "Budding Artist" (high school students that had art for sell!) booth--it was of an old KRISPY KREME donut sign, and I REALLY love it. Krispy Kreme holds a very special place in my heart....Not for donuts though. On the night that my grandfather (my heart and soul of my entire life) died, I stumbled into the neighborhood donut shop. There, that night..I met some people that would turn out to be some of the most important people in my life. I met Wendy, the waitress there--who became one of the best friends that I have ever had. (She is the one that had a major heart attack a couple of months ago (thank God that she lived), and the reason that I changed my eating habits so drastically). I met Vern--who was 60 years old, and he became my most trusted friend, and a father-like figure to me...I met many people that night, who became like family to me, and were there through thick and thin for the next 10 years....So, that is why I SO LOVED the Krispy Kreme donut photograph that was taken by a wonderful 15 year old boy. I hope his mom tells him how much it moved my heart. (I really think that I am getting sentimental in my old (45) years of age..hehehehe.) Anyway..the show was fun, and we did REALLY well. Amazingly WELL...FANTASTICALLY WELL...heehhe..you get the point!Oh!! One more thing--Nature Boy OUTSOLD me by $55...hehhehe...He is going to be famous....Now..on to the NEXT show..

SATURDAY--SEPT. 18th in Ft. Payne, AL(Northeast Alabama Art Council Art Show during Fort Payne's Boom Days) (450 Elm St. Fort Payne, Al)...It starts at 10 a.m. Make sure you come by and see Chuck and I!!

This will be held at a very nice, old Victorian home. The Boom Days art show will be held in the city park, and the art show that I will be at will be up 6th Ave on Elm Street. We will be in the yard--and you won't be able to miss us..hehehe. 

Well..it's after 1am..and time for bed...Have a Happy, Happy Week!! Live Artfully!!

5 comments:

Ayala Art said...

They look like a party for the eyes!

Sueann said...

Beautiful paintings! And congrats on both of your sales! That is super!
Good luck on the up and coming shows.
Hugs
SueAnn

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful. Love all of them. So strong and I really like the stenciling.

MotorCityMystic said...

That's wonderful you came across an image that moved you so. I hope that young man gets the message.

Traci said...

So glad you did well and a big Congrats to Nature Boy! I will be at the Chattanooga Market this Sunday....My first time....wish you would be there, I had so much fun being your neighbor at Monteagle.