Wednesday, September 22, 2010

THIS PAST WEEKEND'S ART SHOW!! DISASTERS and DELIGHTS!!!

Athlone Clarke original 24 x 24 " A Boy Named Socrates"

Whew..Saturday was a crazy day! We went to Ft. Payne, Alabama--to the home of Anne Hamilton, a wonderful artist for the Northeast Alabama's First Annual Art Show. Here's the house where we sat up. 
It's an old, Victorian style home. It was absolutely beautiful! Chuck and I sat up in the front yard, artist set up on the porch, and all through the inside of the home. It was a very lovely setting, and set the stage for a wonderful day!! We got our tent and all put up, and about 5 minutes after we were done, a gust of wind hit our tent, and it ROLLED down the small incline in the yard. SO..we finally got everything picked up, and put back together--and I had damaged about 8-9 paintings...but, Oh well....what can you do?? After we sat back up...the rest of the day went wonderfully--with several of our friends coming over to visit us, and everyone having a great time!!

The big highlight of my day was when Nature Boy (my husband), went down to see the other artist in the city park. (They were having a larger art show down there, at the same time)..and he came back carrying an Athlone Clarke painting, that Athlone had gifted to Chuck and I (it's the one above). You may remember this artist in the video of him that I showed a couple of months ago on here. I was deeply touched. It made my eyes swell up with tears!! What a great treasure!!! I sincerely admire him and his art, and it will be something that I keep forever! I took him the large 30 x 30 inch painting down there, and gifted back to him. I hope he liked it! Anyway..all in all--it was a fantastic day...with just a little bump. That bump was worth sharing the fellowship of the other artist, and all the goodness that was spread that day! 

Now, we are back home, and I have two weeks to prepare for our next show--so far, I have 10 new paintings done, and ready...I would like to have at least 40 or more...so..I have to get busy!! Live Artfully!!

2 comments:

Sueann said...

What a beautiful setting to have the art show! The painting from Althtone is amazing!! Congrats!!
I bet he was thrilled with your piece!!
Good luck on your newest show coming up!
Hugs
SueAnn

Traci said...

Wow, Glad you had a great time even with the initial bump......but like you say, sharing the fellowship with others made it worth it. Mom and I were at the Chattanooga Market Sunday and had a blast! A lot of very nice people - they would ask if they could help with our tent - it felt like one big family. I don't think I met a stranger there! I am so glad I finally got my foot in the door!! By the way, I Love your new painting!!