Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I COULDN'T DO IT!!!

Well..my "gluing in journals" lasted about 2 hours..and I was bored stiff the whole time...LOL..Anyway..I started this round painting. It's the coolest board...It's 15 inches across, the edges are about 1 1/2 inches, and they are rounded smooth..Home Depot was selling them as tabletops, I suppose..seems too little for a table to me...but oh well...So, I started painting, and it came out to be an owl, which I hated..so I sanded away..added a ton more paint, and sanded some more..and then this emerged.....Live Artfully!!

8 comments:

Kate Boyan said...

I had the same experience with gluing,pretty boring. I love all your work,do you ever sell in galleries, I have a small one in Alaska and would like to carry your little paintings. What is the price range? Kate
http://livingbeadwork.blogspot.com/

Sueann said...

Love it!!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Giggles said...

Nice, good for your following your bliss!! I have to keep going when the feeling strikes. Otherwise I lose it!

Hugs Giggles

Kristin Dudish said...

This is fantastic!
(I don't blame you about the journals... I'm glad you're painting instead - I always love to see your work)

Marilyn said...

Do what you love - obviously you are doing it. Looks great. Who cares if pasting in a journal isn't your thing. I seem to go in phases.

Unknown said...

I'm glad the owl did not work out, because I love this guy!

Maggie said...

I found your blog today and I really like your art!
This round board turned out great, it looks so cool.

Joy Logan said...

what a fun piece!!!