Monday, January 31, 2011

FIRST ART SHOW OF 2011!!! LET'S PRAY FOR GOOD WEATHER!!

This weekend, Nature Boy and I are off  to Birmingham, AL. The nerves and sleepless nights have BEGUN!!  LOL. I am very excited, and nervous...always nervous going where I haven't been before!! But, hopefully, we pick up some new friends, and get to see some old ones, and all will be good..:) To top that off --- It's also our 9th wedding anniversary! Wow! I cannot believe we've been married that long...Shocks me, every time I think about it!

I spent all day yesterday reading Dan Brown's book -- The Lost Symbol. It was FANTASTIC, and I didn't want to put it down. Not even to sleep or eat. What amazed me about it was that it 600+ pages, and the time-frame of the book was about a 14 hour span. So, if you like mystery, severed limbs, tattoos, and religion--this book is a GOOD one!!

I painted another painting. It started out as a bird, then became an overly busy abstract, then I finished it...LOL..It was a long (for me) process.

I am tired of painting this girl, but the painting was vacant..so, here she is again! This painting is 24 x 24..so it's big! I am ok with how it turned out. Not one of my favorites, but it'll do.

Then..I redid 3 paintings. Just added to, and took away from something that I had already painted..This one is 16 x 16 inches.....

this one is also 16 x 16:

Then this one (one of my favorites)..this one is 12 x 24 inches, and it was a bunch of those eyeball looking flowers that I did last year. I hated it, in it's former state..so I completely repainted over it..(the two above were just "changed", not completely painted over..)..

I don't know why I like this so well...only that it was completely spontaneous, and unsuspected....LOL..and it makes me smile...which is always a plus.

That's about it..I need to get to work. I spent an entire day reading, so I am behind.
LIVE ARTFULLY!!

3 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Hope you have good weather and a great show this weekend!

Theresa Plas said...

Makes me smile too! Really enjoying your art and wish u lots of success at your show as well as a happy anniversary.

Sueann said...

The paintings are wonderful!! Love them all! Good luck on your upcoming show! You will do just fine...so don't worry!! Just relax and breath!!
Hugs
SueAnn