Tuesday, February 15, 2011

HALF WAY THROUGH FEBRUARY..TIME IS FLYING!!



Hello!! Wow..I hope you all had a wonderful, happy, romantic Valentine's Day! It is February the 15th.  I can't believe that winter is ALMOST over. It's what I am living for. I think my change in eating habits has been a good thing, since this year has not been as rough on me as the years before. I seem to be in a semi-cheerful mood these days...Usually, through the winter--I stay under the covers..but, I have actually been quite productive this year!

Here's THREE new paintings--they are all 12 x 24 inches (I LOVE THIS SIZE)..and they are all acrylics on wood.

We have been spring cleaning. The serious, scrub-everything-with-Pine-Sol kind of cleaning. I love the smell of Pine-Sol. Makes me think of my grandmother...We are emptying drawers, closets, boxes, and basically PURGING. Well..I am purging--Nature Boy is going behind me, and saying "Do we need this, won't you use this,..." I am of the mind-set that if I haven't used it in a year...I don't need it. It's so much easier to just throw everything away, and start fresh. I think it cleans out your mind to do this also. It's all material bullsh*t , anyway. I am not materialistic AT ALL. I see no reason to keep "things". Anyway, I love this time of year, and cleaning during this time. Spring always brings a new beginning.

Nature Boy is cutting dead tree limbs, and working on the yard. He's got a vision of cutting this one tree down..it's only about 30 feet tall...hahah. I think he better call a professional..we wouldn't want him flattened by a tree..not to mention that it's within 15 feet of my studio..and I would be mad if it landed in the middle of that. Of course, I would probably just push it aside, and keep working..hahah.

Well..that's about it...back to work..
Live Artfully!!

3 comments:

Artsnark said...

love these pieces!

Ayala Art said...

yummy paintings as always!

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Incredible artwork...
Thank you for sharing.
Your blending is wonderful.