Sunday, May 22, 2011

VERY VERY PRODUCTIVE DAY!! ELEVEN PAINTINGS (ALL 16 x 16)!!







OK..I think that getting up early, and having coffee while scanning pictures of PICASSO really, really helps one free themselves and just paint with reckless abandon. That is what I did today! I just took a deep breath, decided that imperfection is sometimes perfect..and PAINTED....and PAINTED...and PAINTED...Before 6pm--I had done 8 good sized paintings. EIGHT!! Goodness...They just poured out...I went crazy!! I think if I can get Nature Boy to make me a couple of large cups of coffee--I THINK..I can do more. So far--to date--My record for "paintings in a day" has been 13..I may be able to break that...Nothing like purging demons and painting!!

Yesterday, we set up our tent in Mentone, Alabama..It was a beautiful day, and everyone seem to have sells..I got to see a lot of friends!! Thank you to all that purchased from us! I also got to see a very special friend--Stacy--Stacy is young, maybe in her late teens, and is in a wheelchair. She does the most amazing art using her mouth as a tool to operate her computer. She makes pictures on the computer, then prints them out. I have several of her pieces that she traded me last year. I was so sad to hear that Stacy has not felt good for about 3 months now, so I gave her a painting with her favorite color (PURPLE!) in it...in hopes that it would brighten her day, even if just for a few minutes. Please take a moment and say a prayer for Stacy. She's a wonderful spirit..

Nature Boy and I have ONE more show--coming up this next weekend!! We will be in Chattanooga, Tennessee on Saturday and Sunday for WHOFEST. It's to be held in Renaissance Park, and it'll be FULL of wonderful folk artist and ART!!!!
This is our last show until July 2nd and 3rd, and the ONLY time that we will be in Chattanooga this year (that we know of), so PLEASE come and see us!! I miss SO MANY of you that are in Chattanooga!!!

Well..that's about it..time to eat..and then PAINT AGAIN!



 Ok..added 3 more after dinner...I feel like a cross between eating a pound of chocolate and not gaining an ounce (very happy!!)..and being hit by an 18 wheeler (very tired!)..hahhaha.
LIVE ARTFULLY!!

9 comments:

Gunes Yilmaz said...

they look awesome! well done!

Sueann said...

Love the new paintings. Yes! I can see Picasso's influence as well!! Well done!!!
Good luck on your upcoming show!
Hugs
SueAnn

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the bizzy day! I'm going to see if I can wheedle Charlie into going to Chatt Memorial Day...we're kind of in the middle of a bunch of home-building projects, but maybe a day off is in order...be good to see you!

Renee Troy said...

Suzan, I'm really interested in your dog and cat...did you sell them already?
Renee

Cat said...

I love ALL your paintings but my favorite is the dog!! And all in one day?? That is amazing--you rock!!

Anonymous said...

Simply wonderful paintings! I glad your day in Mentone went well!

Chrisy said...

What an inspiration you are girl...such an inspiration...getting up and just 'doing'...not talking about it..procrastinating...but 'doing'...thank you for sharing with us...

Chesterbrook Academy Elementary said...

Beautiful artwork.
I love your strong colors and lines

Anonymous said...

I love your art!