Wednesday, January 18, 2012



Well..HAPPY 2012!! I am sorry that I haven't blogged in weeks!! I got sick after the last post, and it took nearly a month to get well, and by the time I got well---I had so much on my plate that I had to make art!

This year has started off WONDERFULLY (if you ignore that I was so sick),,,I got a great deal to illustrate a child's book (that's ALL I can say about it), and I got a HUGE commission job...on TOP of a SOLO EXHIBIT at the Kentuck Museum of Art, in Northport, Alabama. SOooooo..I have been painting like a crazy person, and can't SHARE anything that I have been working on. The above painting is for the show..so, I'm cheating a bit.hehehe. So..for now..stick with me..I will be putting a lot of art on the blog, and blogging more frequently as soon as I clear some of this work

As always..Live Artfully!!!!

12 comments:

DMG said...

WOW! You WILL be busy, Miss Thang!I'm glad you're feeling better, love this painting, and absolutley cannot wait to see the children's book. Please let me know when I can buy a copy. XXXOOOO,Kathy

p.s. Congratulations on the show!

DMG said...

WOW! You WILL be busy, Miss Thang!I'm glad you're feeling better, love this painting, and absolutley cannot wait to see the children's book. Please let me know when I can buy a copy. XXXOOOO,Kathy

p.s. Congratulations on the show!

Sueann said...

Well I am so glad you are feeling better!!
And all the exciting news..wowzers!
Congrats!
Can't wait to see!
Hugs
SUeAnn

Janet Ghio said...

Congratulations on all your success. I'm sure the book will be fabulous and well as your upcoming exhibit!

Kristin Dudish said...

Congratulations!!! It all sounds so wonderful - I can't wait until you're able to share more! Wheee!!!

I'm glad you're feeling better :)

xo
Kristin

Anonymous said...

Wow! Talk about an exciting start to the new year...if you discount being sick! Congrats on your book and shows!!! Looking forward to seeing more of your work this year!!!!

Lynn Devine McDonald said...

It is so good to hear from you!! Glad you are feeling better, can't wait to see some new artwork!!
xoxo
Lynn

Paul Bozzo said...

Congrats! Your projects sound great - especially illustrating a children's book - perfect fit!

rachel awes said...

what a treat to find you this morning! gorgeous art!

Lisa Graham said...

Yay! Good for you on all accounts! Love you art piece here too!

Gaby Bee said...

Congratulations! Your projects sound gorgeous!

Love your painting.

Cheers,
Gaby xo

Crooked Feather Studio said...

What great artwork! This is my first visit to your site I love your paintings (especially the bear piece and the owl headress piece...very earthy very nice). Thank you for sharing I will be back!