Tuesday, August 27, 2013

BACK TO ART JOURNALING!! BACK TO MY ROOTS!!

I'm LONG overdue..I want to do art journaling once again! It is where I started with my art, and after being published numerous times for it..I just left it behind. I would like to get up every day, and do a journal page, and post on here. I plan on only taking about 30 minutes to an hour, each day, to do both. In doing this--I have also decided to "open" up, and let you in on some of the things that formed me, my personality, and eventually lead me to be an artist.

So today this is the page that I painted. Took me approximately 20 minutes to do. It is about the number 11. The number 11 is significant to me because when I was 11 months old, on Halloween night, my father dropped me off at my grandmother's house to live.

I was born in Florida, in a small community hospital, in November 1964, to a crazy woman. Not just your run-of-the-mill crazy woman--you know--the kind that talks to themselves, and answers, etc. I was born to someone that was technically, totally bat-shit crazy. I know..it's not nice to talk about your "mother" that way--but, honestly..I have met the lady once, and spoken to her twice..so, we are going to forget the mother thing, and just go on with my story.

So..By the time I was 11 months old, I had divorced parents, and each had remarried, and divorced again!! I never knew either of these supposed "step-parents", but have been told that neither of them were very kind to me. I had already had a broken arm, and was very underweight when finally brought to my grandparents. My "mother" decided one day, that she wanted to go to California, and decided that a baby was not in her plans...SO..she called my father (who was 2 hours away, in another city), and she put me in my crib, and she left. Plain and simple. My father supposedly borrowed a work truck from his employer, and drove like crazy to go get me. On that night, I went from being a neglected, most likely abused baby, to a completely different life.....

I journaled this morning about the beginning. Back to my roots..back where it started...stay tuned.. Have a glorious day!!

Live Artfully!
Suzan

11 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Wow! what a story! Glad you ended up with your grandparents. BTW-I use bloglovin for following blogs and I have found that on some blogs not using blogloving that for some reason the comments link doesn't work-I was unable to leave a comment when I came to your blog through bloglovin-but when I googled your blog-the link worked--odd, isn't it?

Unknown said...

Suzan,
Thank you for sharing your story and your art with us. Everytime I see the number 11, I'll remember what it means to you.
Barbara
Healing Through Art

Leanne E said...

So glad that you were carried away on a better wave :)

Shelly said...

Wow, Suzan... amazing story. Thanks for putting it out there. And awesome journaling page! So glad you are taking time to journal again! You're always an inspiration!

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

i will read your lovely post in it's entirety later and savor it. i LOVE seeing another side of you and your work! ;)

indybev said...

I'm so glad you're back to journaling, Suzan. I remember 'way back when telling you you'd earn a name with your art one day -- and so you have!! Your journal pages were so inspiring to me, and sparked my interest in journaling. I'm now finishing Journal #23! Thanks, Suzan. I'm looking forward to some great journal pages again!

Barb Smith said...

No wonder I've felt a certain kinship to you since I came across your blog so many years ago. Our "roots" have much in common. I look forward to reading more of your story.
With much love,
Barb
http://indigeauxmoon.blogspot.com/

Audrey said...

Glad you'r back!!

Sharon said...

Welcome Back!!! I have definitely missed your Art Journal posts. I still have your collage I bought a few years ago hanging in my art cave. I had a similar childhood. I want to believe we are better for it since we are stronger! So glad to see you back! Sharon

Dori Patrick said...

Loved hearing your story...and thankful that you were blessed with a better life! Can't wait to see more of your art journaling! I'm currently getting back into it also, after being away too long. Enjoy!

Carolyn Albro said...

Thank you for sharing your story, it's very brave of you.