Thursday, January 1, 2015

GOOD-BYE 2014...HELLO NEW YEAR 2015!!

Well...2014 is over and done. I have to say that I am thankful to the good Lord above that it's over. It was not my best year. It also wasn't my worst year, and I have thousands of things to be grateful for in 2014.
We've had a couple of health scares (with Nature Boy) this year. Thankfully..they all turned out fine. We have had some horrible shows. Thankfully we had some FANTASTIC shows. I did not paint as much as I "should have"...Thankfully, I painted. A few good things happened in 2014--
1. The book that I was hired to illustrate became a published reality.
2. My daughter visited us this year. I hate that she lives so far away! I enjoyed the time we had though!
3. My life-long friend bought a house nearby. This is major, since he has lived in Los Angeles for most of our life. It is wonderful that he is once again part of my life, and I feel so blessed that he is!
4. I went home for a day. Doesn't seem like much, but we drove to Pensacola, FL...and I actually got to see almost EVERYONE from home that I dearly love within a short 24 hour period!
5. I revamped my clothes in 2014! By that..I mean I threw EVERYTHING OUT..and bought all new, artsy clothes!! I have felt GREAT about them!!
6. I TURNED 50!! THANKFULLY--I still feel like I'm in my late 30's, early 40's!!
7. I painted almost 300 ORIGINAL, ONE OF A KIND "Designs"....THANKFULLY.


I'm sure there is more. I am GRATEFUL for every day of 2014..but, like I said..I'm GRATEFUL that it's over.

So..onward I march...2015!! I have some things planned for this year.
1. I will find a way to get my new clothes line out there! I have been working on it for a year or so..and I really need to step it up, and get it out there!
2. Not so many shows. I am not going to be doing art shows to earn enough to do art shows. We have made this decision, and are looking at only doing 4-5 shows all year.
3. I have written, and in the process of illustrating a couple (Maybe MORE) children's books of my own. The first one is about "TOMMY AND TIMMY TURTLES ADVENTURES "....ALSO..I'll be illustrating one of Nature Boy's stories called "BIG DOG LITTLE DOG".!!
4. I will be making jewelry this year!! I may only make it for me and friends, but it is definitely something I want to do.
5. I will be making more ART DOLLS. The big, fancy kind.
6. I will be ART JOURNALING each day (Good Lord willing!).
7. I will be PAINTING A LOT. Hopefully, every day!!

There is more...but onto RESOLUTIONS!! (Sorry for the long, drawn out post!)
I always do this..it's just ingrained into me to do this.. It's just something I DO...LOL.

1. To get up at 6am each morning. (I have already failed this one--I'll start tomorrow).
2. To walk on treadmill each morning for at least 10 minutes. (I have already failed this one--I'll start tomorrow).
3. To drink 30 ounces of lemon and/or apple cider vinegar water each morning BEFORE coffee.  (I have already failed this one--I'll start tomorrow).
4. To eat what is on my chosen diet plan, in an attempt to lose 100 pounds this year! (Stuck to this one..YAY ME!!)
5. To paint every day. At least one painting, if not more! (The day is still young..I might do this one today!)
6. To pray every day for my enemy, so that she will be happy and leave me the hell alone. (This goes for her friends and family that constantly harass me.)
7. To read the Bible every day.  (The day is still young..I might do this one today!) I don't have to read much, but I need to give a part of my day to the Good Lord above! I guess I want to work on my spiritual side.
8. To find an organization, and DONATE my art to help those that have less than I do. This will be my way of  "GIVING BACK".
9. To give at least 20 small pieces of art away to unsuspecting people, just to make them happier.
10. To write in my personal journal every day.

I guess that is enough. Do not want a list so long that I forgo all of them..hahaha..Oh yeah..NUMBER 11--TO PRATICE GRATITUDE in everything that I do..EVERY DAY.

I hope each of you have a wonderful, happy, fulfilling 2015. Know that I love you, and I care about you!! XXOO!

Live Artfully!

 

2 comments:

Chrisy said...

Just reading about your last year is inspirational...I'm particularly drawn to the comment about throwing out all your clothes and replacing with arty ones...I need to do this! But first I need to find a line of clothes that's really 'me'...not easy. Thank you for your generosity in sharing all your highs and lows and best wishes for 2015.

Leanne E said...

Wow-- I can't believe how ambitious you are!!! I hope that the year goes smoothly :) I know that you could be successful selling your art, jewelry and clothing on etsy if you give it a try (etsy.com). It would save you a lot of time going to art shows, allow those of us in Canada to finally get some of your work (tracked shipping for a reasonable price), and allow you to spend more time on the art you love. I hope you look into it! Best wishes for 2015 :)