Monday, June 22, 2015

BAKING SUCCESS!!

Good Wonderful Morning!! It's a beautiful day!! I am bursting at the seams with energy and excitement..(Remember..it takes very little to amuse me..hahaha). As you all know..I have changed my eating lifestyle, and gave up bread a while ago..(about 3 years ago)..Since Jan. 2015, I have not had a single piece of bread..or anything that resembles bread.

The other night, I found a recipe for flatbread..(I guess that is like cornbread--which I hate..bleechhhh). I made it..and it tasted like I had licked the bottom of a camel's foot after he had stepped in poop....It was HORRIBLE..I threw the entire pan of the stuff in the garbage...I was defeated...I have never baked anything..I know nothing about baking..so..I just wrote it off...Until last night..I found a recipe for breakfast buns..and thought..ok..I will try one more time.

So..I preheated my oven..and did not have all the ingredients..and so I had to substitute things for things...it called for psyllium husk (Think Metamucil)...and I didn't have any of that, so I used hemp hearts..and it called for sour cream..didn't have that so I melted some butter, and stirred in Cafe Latte Yogurt..and used that..(Yes, coffee flavored yogurt!!).. Mixed everything together..and stuck it in the oven. Well..IMAGINE my surprise when 22 minutes later..I had a VERY excellent bread-like substance. I smeared butter on it, and it was DELICIOUS!! I feel like a world class chef now..haha..SO HAPPY that I actually baked something and it was edible!!

Live Artfully.

1 comment:

Leanne E said...

Sounds wonderful with the changes you made-- congrats :)