Thursday, March 24, 2016

GOOD DECISIONS MADE!!

Good Glorious Morning! (or afternoon, depending on how you look at it!) The above piece is the latest of a long list of commissions that I have in the works.

I am here to tell you about decisions --I luckily made some great decisions this year. I decided to apply to very few spring art shows. Out of the ones that I would have applied for..(just this month), at one of them, the main promoter (the show was "his" show) died the night before the show. Which is terribly sad, and they should have cancelled the show..but, they didn't. At another one that I would have normally applied for--bad weather caught them unaware, and wiped out about 50 tents..(not sure of the actual number, only what I read on the artist Facebook group that I am in.) I feel so sorry for all the artist that had damage..It looked bad from what I saw. So, I am happy that I left that show behind...because all an artist needs is extreme bad weather, and having to fork over an additional $200-300 for a new tent...I sat out in the rain at almost every show last year..and even though the money was great..I honestly do not want to "weather" shows this year..THEN..another shocker in the world of art shows..Slotin Folk Fest in Atlanta has cancelled their show after 24 or 25 years in the business. That is another sad end of an era..The art world is not looking so good from my point of view..But, I made my decisions to cut back, and I am happy that I did so. That's about all..just staying at home..out of the rain..

Live Artfully!

No comments: