Wednesday, February 18, 2009

SOME PEOPLE I'D LIKE YOU TO MEET--

Hello!! What a day!! I will tell you about it, as soon as I introduce you to my new "friends". This is FiFi--She's from Paris, and loves anything having to do with the Eiffel Tower, and vintage buttons. Even her little "french" hat is a vintage button. She measures almost 12 inches tall, and is made out of parts from an old tin toy, a handpainted Paper Clay face, wire, buttons, and other stuff. She's $40 (that includes her shipping).


SOLD

Next, we have AQUA..our pretty little mermaid princess. She hoards a great many treasures on her, and though she looks as sweet as can be--watch your sparklies when she's around. She's a sneaky one. AQUA measures 12 inches long, is made of old, rusty tin, a handpainted Paper Clay face, and many, many little sparkling jewels. She is $40 (includes her shipping).


Next, we have FLORA--she's a gardener, who gathers her flowers daily--while singing along with the birds. She lives with her thoughts in the clouds, and is generally a very sweet, happy soul. Flora is made of old rusty tin, a handpainted Paper Clay face, a vintage crocheted hankie, paper flowers, and more. She measures approx. 11 inches long. Flora is $40 (this includes her shipping).

Next we have BOB. Bob is generally a good guy, but sometimes tells stories with some holes in them. Love him, but don't believe everything he tells you. Bob is made from a vintage tin toy, old rusty tin, a handpainted Paper Clay face, and more. He measures approx. 10 inches long. Bob is only $35 ( that includes his shipping).

Now, to introduce you to "friends" that I met through Nature Boy. Nature Boy made these two. This one is Earth. Nature Boy constructed her out of black loctus wood, handcarving her hair. She has attached tiny earrings, and some serious body parts. Her face is made of handpainted Paper Clay, and she measures 8 inches long. Earth is $40 (this includes her shipping).

Nature Boy's next "friend" is FIRE. She is carved from a cedar post, with a handpainted Paper Clay face, and body parts from an antique cash register. FIRE measures approx. 10 inches long, and is $40 (includes her shipping).


Hope you all enjoyed meeting our newest "friends"...

Now, on to today!! Whew!! I had a blast! I drove Nature Boy to college, and when I dropped him off, I went thrifting....The first place that I stopped didn't have much, but I bought an old fire screen for near to nothing, then I hit the second place--and wwwwwwwooohooooo...JACKPOT #1!! I found an old Bauer Pottery Ringware Bowl in green, a vaseline glass soda fountain glass, and LOTS of metal STUFF...an old typewriter, some bottles, and MORE METAL STUFF..(I loveee the metal STUFF..hehehe)...I got all of this, and there was a PILE for a mere $20...Then I went down the street, and stopped at an antique store...there I found some old tins, and a metal cabinet (the kind that has plastic drawers--for nails and stuff), and inside it was a gazillion tiny metal tins, and all of them were FULL of old watch parts. Faces, cogs, etc...JEWELRY making HEAVEN!! (Now, all I have to do is learn how to make jewelry..LOL) I have enough watch parts to last me a longggg time...Ok..so, I pay for my purchases at the antique store, and then pipe up and ask them if they would like to buy my bowl...and they DID!!! LOL..So, all in all it was a great thrifting day! (Also picked up some old lace, and more dolls for heads, and some other little stuff)..but, that stuff was found before I dropped Nature Boy off for his test. Ahh..time for bed..Everyone have a great night, and sweet dreams!!
~~Suzan~~

6 comments:

Barb Smith said...

OMG, Suzan...you did have a great day of thrifting! You must have much better places to thrift than we do here...what heaven you've found. I'd love to find watch parts like that somewhere! Woot, SCORE!!!

All of your dolls are wonderful and Nature boy has a true knack for it, too. Both of his pieces are great!

Peace & Love,
~Barb~

johanna said...

i can really FEEL the fun you had creating them!!:)
all are fabulous!

Mary said...

It sounds like you had a fun finding all your treasures yesterday. I can't believe they bought your bowl!!!! :) Times have changed when we get excited about old rusty little things instead of pottery and such isn't it?!! A find of old keys sends me more than yellow ware!!!! Now that's really a change for me!!!

Love your new "friends" I especially life FiFi!!!! Tell Nature Boy he's doing great!!!

Blessings to you Suzan!!!

Carmen said...

These are great! So nice to "meet" them. lol

Namasté,
Carmen

Artsnark said...

These are awesome! I think Earth is my favorite

Jazz said...

Wow, you are the busy one!

Are you gonna make a secretary doll with those typewriter keys??

The dolls are fabulous!