Tuesday, April 14, 2009

THE ARTIST--AN ART DOLL


I have been SO busy!! I completed this doll last night. She's made from an old medicine bottle, bullet casings, and a metal round part from a very, very old cash register.
The words on her are "Artistry" and then the definition of ART.
On the home front--well, I have been working night and day to get ready for opening day of the new Market that I am going to. I had to tag everything, make sure it was all signed, finish bottoms of things. I have been working on Paper Clay, Art Dolls, Paintings, etc. I am aiming for about 125 pieces to take with me, plus 100 prints, plus 200 dominoes. I have 100 dominoes done, but have to hand draw on about a hundred before the 26th. I am swamped (with utter happiness and bliss), and hope to get all done. I have 11 days to go.
Last night--I started 4 art dolls, and finished this one..One of the art dolls is going to be awesome. I used a vintage green vaseline ice-cream glass as it's dress. Wait until you see it!!
Well..gotta get busy--time's a'wastin.
Live Artfully!
~~Suzan~~

11 comments:

Regina Moore said...

Very cool piece! Good luck at your upcoming show!

Terri Kahrs said...

Wow! You HAVE been busy! Hope you have a wonderfully successful show! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

she is utterly gorgeous! good luck at your show. :)

Diane said...

This is absolutely amazing! I love her!

Seth said...

Incredible piece!

Cathy said...

i swear to God, i just drool over everything you create.
don't ever let me come visit you; many things might be gone when i leave!

marthaberry said...

Where will the market be? I want to come see your stuff!

email me if you don't want to broadcast it.

Judy said...

All the very best of luck.

Jazz said...

That is one cool doll. I love her.

Becky Bunn said...

I flippen love these dolls!!!!!!. And by the way I have three who know everything. One of them I'm married to.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

My favorite parts are the eyes, the heart, and the bottle, but everything comes together to make another Suzan masterpiece! I'm glad to know you're alive and working, working, working. Can't wait to hear how the market goes for you. I know you'll be a big hit, as always, you ArtStud you!