Wednesday, April 22, 2009

REVISION and TWO NEW PAINTINGS

Here's 2 more--I revised the little girl. I am not extremely happy with her, but I do see progress..lol..The middle one isn't all that great--blame Simon Baker for it..because I was watching him, and not really painting..just kind of doodling with paint. The first one is one of my faves..I just like his drab expression. He looks better in real life.

I am getting nervous. The "show"..or Art Market is Sunday..and I have never done anything so big..on top of that..my husband is being a naysayer about the amount of stuff that I expect to put in the car. I am fully sure that we can carry it all--he wants to take the big truck. I hate the big truck..it bounces, and jars you around, and you feel like you are on an African Safari. It's too manly man for me. (No CD player--and I can't drive for 2 hours and depend on the radio, I would lose all sanity!!) I say tie the crap to the roof, and let's travel!

Also, one of my high school friends contacted me through Facebook--I am so excited and want to call her. But, she has a job, and would probably not appreciate being woke up at 1:30 am to talk about our past..LOL..She has become not only an artist, but also an art teacher..so, I am very excited to talk to her.

Well...I am going to force myself to go to sleep..even though I could probably just stay awake until Sunday..LOL..I hope I have enough stuff, and we will do a trial run on the set up before we go (I will take pictures, and get your opinions beforehand)...

That's all for now!
Live Artfully!
~~Suzan~~

8 comments:

marthaberry said...

where will you be showing? Panoply? I want to come see you!

Rosemary said...

Please tell us where this art show will be. I have been dying to know.

Poetic Artist said...

I love all your new faces.. The men are great...I know you are going to do WONDERFUL at your art show..xoxo...

Jodi Ohl said...

Good luck on the show--You will do great! I'm doing my first ever outdoor show on Saturday and I'm about to have a nervous breakdown over it! I wanted to do a trial run with set up but I am not even close to that point so I'm going to have to chalk it up to experience and be more prepared earlier.

Have fun this weekend!

Jodi

Contessa Kris said...

Aww, the paintings are adorable. The nervous energy about all the show details will help carry you through. Don't worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Have fun!

Becky Bunn said...

Best of luck with your show. Your work is wonderful and I sure you will be a huge hit

Chrisy said...

The first is my fav as well...I just love it...and just tell hubby that you're going in the car and he can follow in the truck!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Everything is looking so beautiful and you are ready and it will be a huge success, I know! I'm excited for you! Get some sleep so you don't pass out on a customer! Can't wait to hear!
marsha