Thursday, May 21, 2009

THE BLUR WHICH IS MY LIFE!! NEW PIECES

This is another cut out..it was so much FUN!!
This was a collaboration between Nature Boy and I, he took some scrap wood, and made this guy--and handed it to me to paint. He is becoming quite artistic!! It is LARGE -- about 18 inches tall!!

These two are titled Crow by Day, and Crow by Night..they were just some kindergarden type quickies that I did. I enjoyed doing them, and it loosened me up. The buildings are actual pieces of tin, hammered onto the wood.

The last 3 days has been a blur. I have also completed 5 assemblage dolls, and am almost done with 4 more cut-outs. I have been painting non-stop..and sleeping a full 8 hours a night. It's amazing!! I love being able to sleep the whole night through...(this is only happening because Petey the Wonderdog has been a GOOD DOG, and not woke me up at 6 am for two mornings in a row!). SO..I actually feel revitalized and ALIVE!!!
Well, time for bed as we speak!
Live Artfully!!
Suzan



7 comments:

Mary said...

I love the different expressions on the three headed man - we have them all don't we!

And I really like the crows, I must like kindergarten art! lol

Hope you had a restful nights sleep.

TonyaA said...

Oh wow! I love the little man...or well big man since he is so tall...lol. However, he is cute. All your work is fantabulous :P.
Blessings, peace, and love to you,
Tonya

Sueann said...

Love all your pieces...esp. the cut out doll!! Really fabulous!!
Hugs
SueAnn

LindaGJ said...

I must say that I love your style! So cheerful and fun! Fabulous new pieces!
Linda:)

Jeanette Carlstrom said...

The crows are amazing.... sleep tight ZZZzzzz :)

DMG said...

I love these pieces! I saw the crows on Flickr and, in my haste, I think I called you Nancy when I commented. When I saw the subject matter, I immediately thought of Crowabout. I'm so sorry, but I do love them! The colors are fabulous!

Chrisy said...

Am rapt in the cut out! How fab that you and your nature boy can do projects together!