Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A FABULOUS WEEKEND!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!

Hello!! Well..I had a FABULOUS, WONDERFUL weekend!! Saturday, I taught an art journaling class to a group of ladies in Tennessee. I went to their house, and they had fixed the most amazing lunch EVER!! There was homemade cheesecake, homemade brownies, cupcakes, fruit salads, bean salad, copper pennies (one of my favorite recipes in the world!It's marinated carrots), chicken salad..I felt like I was eating in Paula Dean's kitchen. But, I am not sure that Paula could have cooked this good..heheheh..on top of all the food--the woman who hosted the class in her house, had antiques in every nook and cranny. I was in HEAVEN. I could have spent all day just looking at the beautiful things in her house. OMG!! They were unbelievable!! I don't think that I have EVER seen so many top quality antiques in one place before (and this includes the thousands of antique stores that I have been in). After we all ate lunch, we gathered around a large table and I taught the class. I feel like I should have paid these women!!! LOL..it was so much fun, and I really needed to get away, and relax for the day!!! Thank you ALL!! I truely enjoyed it, and hope to see you in Florence on the 5th!!

Well, after coming home from the class, I stayed up about an hour and a half, and at 7:30pm--I went to bed. (This is SO UNHEARD of for me!). But, I slept like a rock until 3:30am, and woke up feeling like a new person!! I have changed so many things about my life, that I think my health is getting exceedingly better every day! I have cut out a great deal of junk, sugar, and am finally losing a little weight--from working in the studio for hours, and hours, and not stuffing my face all the time!! I have also been taking vitamins, and Airborne, and drinking a lot of water..it is really paying off!! I have felt FANTASTIC for a while now! Anyway--I got up at 3:30, and at 5am, Nature Boy and I headed to the Chattanooga Market to sell art. This place TOTALLY ROCKS!! I love, love, love it!!

We set up our booth, which we are getting faster at doing, and I went around and bought all of my fresh produce for the week. One of the reasons that I love going to this market is they have all of this wonderful fresh produce..and I can do my shopping for the week, and sell my art at the same time. This week the market's theme was BBQ. They had a BBQ cook-off, and the crowds were UNREAL. There must have been a gazillion people there this weekend. I did real well in sells, and at the end of the day, I was extremely happy...THEN..THEN..this woman walked up to my booth..and BOUGHT NOT ONE, NOT TWO...but FOUR of my art dolls!!!!!!!! I almost fainted!!! She couldn't decide which one she wanted, and bought ALL four!!! OMG!!! Those were my high-end items, and I am scurrying already to replace them. Luckily, I have 3 more in the works...

I really seriously don't know how I am going to keep up with my sales. I have prints, and they sell well, but I am having to do about 20-30 NEW pieces a week!! I didn't even get all of my stuff photographed and put on here last week. It's crazy!!! Thank you Lord Above!! I am also down to about 20 dominoes. I started 5 weeks ago with about 150...those little things sell like hotcakes.

This week's agenda is packed!! I have to do some more art dolls, at least 5 angels, 5 assemblage dolls, THREE LARGE PAINTINGS!!( A woman wanted a specific size), some more little wood block paintings, and AT LEAST 50 dominoes...Clone me PLEASE!!!!!!! On that note--I have to get busy!!

I did the painting above last night. It is 12 x 12 on Birch Plywood, acrylics. He looks tired..I must have painted what I felt last night..heheheh... Hugs to you all!
Live Artfully!
~~Suzan~~

8 comments:

Jazz said...

Whoa. Luv the painting by the way. Put Natureboy to work doing all the gessoing and such.

Terri Kahrs said...

Fabulous news! I can sense the smile on your face as you were writing this post, Susan. Am Sooooo happy to hear that sales are superb. Am happy to hear that the general public thinks your work rocks too! Hugs, Terri

Sharon said...

WOW!! I wish I was near and could help you do the selling while you make the art. And of course in all of that I could watch and learn and get better myself with my art journaling. I love your journal pages and of course bought one about a year ago. Have fun, Sharon

Artsnark said...

What great news! Good for you :D

Seth said...

So nice to hear that things are going so well for you. Major congrats for your success at the Market.

Chrisy said...

Yee hah! So fabulous to hear of an artist doing well...and I'm not surprised...I love your work...yes keep taking those vitamins girl...you'll need all your energy for your orders!

Joy Logan said...

wow you are having one amazing time!!!! Love your pieces also.

Anonymous said...

This little guy ia so sweet looking. I love it!!! Good luck on the big painting!! Cheers, Mary