Friday, May 29, 2009

TWO PAINTINGS--PROTOTYPE FOR HUGE PAINTING!!

Good Morning!! Well..I have been creating like crazy this week. Last night, I was just simply tired of painting, and slowed down a bit. I was not really thinking at this point..and I painted the first one, then I "piddled around" and completed the second one..LOL...it's like I can't stop painting..crazy...

This lady from the Art Market wanted a 30 x 48 painting, and I am working on that, but when I finished the first painting shown here, I hung it in the living room, and went outside to smoke--I always do that with paintings, because I can see how it looks from a distance. When I stepped outside, I thought--"OMG!! That REALLY needs to be on a HUGE panel." --- So, I have decided to use it as a "prototype" to a 30 x 48 incher..it's MUCH brighter in person, and I think that it'll really get people's attention in my booth. Then I started thinking that I need about 6 HUGE paintings to hang around my booth for art shows later this year. I might fall in loveeeeeeeeee with painting that big--though I have to admit--it's seriously intimidating. It's almost as large as a door. I seriously could barely fit the panels in my car.

Oh well..time's a wasting..back to work...Hugs!!
Suzan

17 comments:

LindaGJ said...

Wow!!! Those are gorgeous! LOVE them! I think they would awesome really big! they look cool enough even small!
Linda :D

pinkglitterfae said...

'I'll have what she's having'.
lol! I could sure use some of your motiviation :-)
the trees will indeed look wonderful in a large size. Great use of color!

Lynda said...

OOh, those are pretty! :)

Mary said...

love, love, love them. Especially the bright one.

Hey, are you gonna send Mr. Moon??

charlie said...

oh these are just lovely. I love the bright color combos. They're my favorite of yours yet :)

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Love them!

Debbie said...

These are great! I hope you'll post the huge one when it's ready??

Artsnark said...

Very cool - really love the top 1!

Chrisy said...

Yes yes go humongous...like 6 foot...it would be fantastic!

supplies overflowing! said...

I've just emailed you, but wanted to add- I have included you on my blog list, and also recommended that others take a look at your site. I hope that this is ok!
jenny

Jeanette Carlstrom said...

Love the white dots... and circles...

laurel said...

Wonderful works! Looks like you have been having fun and being really productive. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Jodi Ohl said...

LOVE em!! I used to stay away from painting big but lately I've been branching out and doing some big work and am sooo glad I have! I did what you mentioned at my 1st outdoor show...I had 4 LARGE paintings showcased on the outside and inside of my booth and they definitely drew people in and made a great statement.

Go for it!

Bonnielynn said...

As usual, Suzan, your work is spectacular!!!!
I'm into the bright colors also.....so I am really loving these !

Unknown said...

These are beautiful...I love trees!!..and big is good.

Johanna said...

I love these trees! They are so whimsical and would add so much interest hanging on a wall!

LindaGJ said...

I just wanted to tell you that I just received a "Lovely Blog Award" and I can send it to several other blogs and I wanted to pick this blog, as your artwork on this blog is one of my faves!!! Check out my blog later in the afternoon to see what I'm talking about!
http://LindaGJones.blogspot.com
Linda:)