Monday, June 15, 2009

MIXED MEDIA COLLAGE PAINTING 12 X 12


Well..well..well... It has been a long time since I actually cut something out of a book and glued anything down. It felt like putting on an old pair of shoes, you know the kind where the toe has a hole in it, and the sole flaps when you walk--but you wear them around the house anyway..heehehhehe..anyway..it was relaxing to do a mixed media piece.
When I was doing strictly mixed media, I didn't feel whole, and certainly had a hard time calling myself an artist. My first year, when I did strictly collage--I just called myself a "creative gluer"..I am not saying this to insult anyone--this is just how I felt about MYSELF. But, I have some road miles in the painting department now, and this piece just happened today.
I also got 11 dolls glued together for altered art dolls. They are all large pieces, and will give my booth some substance and variety. I will start painting on those tomorrow...so, we'll see how it goes..
Well..back to work. Suzan

8 comments:

Eileen said...

This is really nice, Suzan!

Eileen
http://ruralwisconsin.blogspot.com

Artsnark said...

really like the space in this piece

Marie-Aimée said...

really beautiful !!

Jazz said...

Wow, it really has been a while. It's fun to see this type of thing again.

Jeanette Carlstrom said...

Oh I have missed this... I love your collage and can't wait to see more. This is how I "found" you such a long time ago searching for mixed media collage... LOVE IT

Paul Bozzo said...

I really enjoy your collages - they all seem "right on!"

LindaGJ said...

Awesome!!! Thank you for sharing your work with us. I am a cat lover so of course I love this one, but it' gorgeous whether it has a ktty theme or not!!!

Alisa Nordholt-Dean said...

I really like this one. Thanks for sharing...and putting on those "old shoes" :)