Friday, December 25, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! NEW PAINTINGS AND MIXED MEDIA COLLAGE!!!

DECEMBER 25, 2009!~ Merry Christmas Everyone!! It has been a LONGGGG time since I have blogged anything--and for that I am sorry! I hope this season is finding you all happy and full of the real meaning of Christmas!

I FINALLY felt like going into the art room at the beginning of this week! The flu that I had was a toughie. I think I made it worse because of some CVS Theraflu stuff that reacted very badly with me...but, it seemed like I was sick for a long time, and couldn't shake it. Then I was just TIRED. I probably needed to go to a doctor, but I am stubborn, and REALLY hate them..so I just toughed it out. I learned a valuable lesson though. Do not procrastinate getting ready for shows until the last minute..hahahahha..I really messed up the Christmas Market by not having stuff ready because I had gotten sick...I am going to work on Christmas stuff throughout the year in 201o, and at least if I get it done, then I will have it on hand.

Anyway--I have been busy this week. I even did a couple of Mixed Media pieces...The one with the large butterfly is my absolute favorite, and I love it.

The piece below is 12 x 12 on wood. Mixed media collage. It was fun glueing again..

This is 7 x 12 (or close)..and it's the one that I like so much.
And of course--I painted. This little beauty is probably my second favorite, and I really like how it came out. She's on wood, and 8 x 10.

This one was fun...(like the way her hair came out--I have the hardest time with hair)...

and my little "plumpkin"...hehehee..


Not a great pic of this one...much better in real...this one is small..about 4 x 6...

Another small one...it also looks better in real..
This one was fun, and reminded me when I use to make mixed media pieces all the time.. it's about 9 x 12...
Well, that's it...I have felt like I am still "behind", and like I have to "produce"..even though, the shows are done for the year, and I can rest..I would love to get about 200 pieces ready before April...but, as you all know--I always set my goals WAYYYYYYYY out there, and never get as much done as I would like!
Well..It's almost 2am on Christmas morning, and I better get some sleep. We've had 2 days of Christmas parties with our children, and tomorrow we have to travel to Nature Boy's sister's for dinner with the family. I hope this year has been full of love, joy and happiness for all of you!!
Merry Christmas!!
Live Artfully!!

11 comments:

Diane said...

Hi Suzan, what a wonderful Christmas present you've given us--I am fairly new to blogging, and I'm finding a treasure chest of wonderful artists--Thank you!!

Sharon said...

Merry Christmas, Suzan. So glad you are better and feel like living again. Your new pieces are fab!! Love the yearbook pics on a couple. Where did you find those??? Happy holiday's. Sharon

Dana said...

Beautiful art works, all of them. Merry Christmas Suzan, have a wonderful day with your family !!

Mary said...

These are all wonderful. I like the mixed media pieces a lot. You do those so well.

Oh, my husband loved the bull dog painting!!

Have a blessed day!!

Love you!

Poetic Artist said...

Glad you decided to let us see your new work..Merry Christmas my dear friend.
Katelen

Kathy said...

Happy Christmas, love the paintings!

Cathy said...

love love love your work, as always. hang in!

reagan said...

Merry Christmas Suzan!! Glad you're feeling better:-)
xoxo

Sueann said...

Beautiful pieces!!! Love them all!!
Esp the butterfly ones. They are fabulous!
Happy New Year
Hugs
SueAnn

Jodi Ohl said...

For being sick, you sure have gotten a lot done! I love the butterfly piece, too! I admire how hard you work and how high you set your goals, that's a good thing-just pace yourself so you don't get sick again!

Seth said...

Happy holidays Suzan!!