Tuesday, March 9, 2010

GETTING BACK TO PAINTING

WoW!! It feels weird painting, after being away from it for 3 days! This weekend went well, it was a lot of fun, made some money, got some sun, saw some friends...what else could you ask for? Yesterday, we went to lunch, and went to buy some wood. I decided to work on 12 x 18. It's a good size. Not too big, not too small.

We went to Lowe's, and they did a miserable job of cutting wood for me. So bad, that I spoke to a manager, who did nothing. So needless to say, I didn't spend my money there, left the wood, and a pile of stuff in my cart, and left. It took us 4 hours to eat lunch, and get a stack of wood. Geesh..the customer service in this area (I hope it's not ALL OVER) just plainly stinks!! But, anyway..all is good. I would have ranted like a mad person if I had posted yesterday--but today..it really seems insignificant.

Anyway...blah, blah, blah...
Live Artfully!!

4 comments:

Sueann said...

Oh good...you made some money!! And I love this painting!
Boy that sucks. How hard can it be to cut some wood?? Sheesh! Glad you left it there! Hopefully you can find a new place to get your wood cut?
Hugs
SueAnn

Mary said...

I like this one a lot Suzan. I was thinking about growing my hair a bit. I wonder if it will be close to this color! :)

It does work that way doesn't it. Something can seem so big one day and the next not to really matter in the big scheme of things.

We had a few really nice days - it's raining like crazy here now!!! Pisses me off!!!!! :)

BlueRidgeLady said...

Really LOVE this one bigtime!!!! Beautiful!!! Her eyes are amazing!!

Anonymous said...

My husband loves Home Depot... nobody friendly/helpful to me. I like Lowe's. Nice people, all trying to help ME! :0 Can't get better than that. Sure makes buying wood easier... Making $ makes everything nicer... :)