Sunday, March 7, 2010

ART TILL DARK-- NEW GALLERY REPRESENTATION

We did Art Till Dark in Chattanooga, Tennessee yesterday. It's an all day bi-weekly show that this Folk Art Gallery called Winder Binder puts on. It was so much FUN!!! A lot of my friends from the Chattanooga Market were there, and some customers from the market came by. We were directly across from this artist, who I first met at Folk Fest this past summer. His name is R. Michael Wimmer. He's an amazing artist, and a super-nice person. His work just makes me swoon.  It's probably some of the best assemblage art that I have EVER seen. He loves my work, and to have an artist of that calliber love my work, just blows mind! But, anyway..it was all good fun!! We are going back today..hence, the 4am post on here...lol.

The owner of the gallery asked me again to put work in his gallery. This man is so nice. Last year, when I started selling at the market, and was still very insecure about my work, he asked me to do this large art show. I remember being like a deer caught by headlights. That feeling of oh my god..I am SO NOT READY for this...Now, a year later, many shows under my belt, and a more comfortable feeling with myself as an artist..I think I am ready to embrace all that is offered to me. I have (I think) agreed to put some of my pieces in his gallery. I hope also to be able to do the large show this year! I may have to step up to the plate, give up Facebook games, and actually paint for 8-10 hours a day...LOL..

So, yesterday..the day went on, and we had a lot of lookers...we sat there all day, and walked around..Nature Boy went on two adventures and walked for MILES..he found a real carousel in a park..which was quite fascinating! Anyway..the day went on..and no sales..no sales..THEN at 5:00, one hour before we were to pack up and go home..this woman came by and saved the day!!!  She bought my 2 largest, most expensive pieces!!!! WOOHOOOO..jump for joy..happy dancing!!! I even threw in a free 12 x 12 painting, just because she liked it too...LOL..(customers LIKE little gifts for spending their money!).

But, like I said, we are on our way back to Chattanooga. Tired, but excited for another BEAUTIFUL day!! The sun FELT like GOLD yesterday. I kept thanking God for warmth and sunshine!! hehehe.
I hope you ALL have a beautiful day!
Live Artfully!!

5 comments:

Sueann said...

Congrats on your sale!! That is super! Sounds like the day was beautiful and meaningful! You are on your way girl!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Unknown said...

Sounds like lots of fun!! One of my goals is to an outdoor show this year....I've only been selling my art online so I'd really like to see people buying my art!!!

Dana said...

Good start. I'm sure it will be a very busy year for you, this is great!

Renee Troy said...

Your work has such amazing appeal. The commitment to creating is amazing based on the amount of work you produce. I'm envious of your enthusiasm.

Jazz said...

Congratulations!! I'm happy that all your ducks are lining up. Yippi!