Thursday, March 18, 2010

TWO COLORS PLUS WHITE PAINTING

I was watching Harry Potter (which I seem to do at least once a week), and painted this lady on an dictionary page, which was mounted on wood (6 x 6 inches). (I had glued the paper to the wood some time last week). I painted her using ONLY two colors plus white. I used Burnt Sienna, and Prussian Blue and white. I  did it using my simple face technique..which I am going to do in a tutorial for you all.
I am passing away at the boredom here. If any of you are out there, and having fun, please think of me.
Live Artfully!

8 comments:

Megan Hoover said...

I want to challenge myself with some black and white paintings...soooo, I challenge you also! Haven't done one in a LLLLLOOOONNG time but I think it would be cool. DO it. Just do it. I'll look for your creation!

Jackie said...

I like this and I love following you . Can't wait to see the tutorial.

Crissi Harvey said...

shes lovely and really pops of the page. im out here but in boardom zone to with nothing fun happening lol

heather noye said...

really beautiful. and i love the way the portrait pops of the printed page of text. Very nice!!!!

Cindy said...

What a great idea for a personal challenge...I might try that myself!

Sueann said...

Love your painting!!!I like how you set yourself a problem by using just a few paint colors! Turned out beautifully.
Thinking of you
Hugs
SueAnn

artmixter said...

Like that a lot.

Anonymous said...

Love her face, love the background, something so interesting about paintings done on pages of words, any words always makes me stop an look.
Please let me know when you have your tute ready I would love to learn