Wednesday, March 24, 2010

TWO NEW PAINTINGS!! ONE HOUR!



Both paintings are 12 x 18 inches.
Good Happy Morning Everyone!! The day is beautiful. I got up before noon today, and painted these two paintings during the Gilmore Girls (I am telling you--It's been what?--3 years of watching the Gilmore Girls almost EVERY day, and I am just so free when they are on.) I literally painted these two paintings in ONE HOUR. Sure, they are not great, but, I was just doing warm-ups to loosen up, since I haven't painted in a week. I took time out early this week to read the last book of the Harry Potter series. I think I am going to reread them all...and then I want to go to Orlando, and go to the Hogwarts thing that they are opening up down there. I am such a child at heart.

A word of advice...Don't let your husband near your art with a sander...lol..I had Nature Boy sand this painting that I had messed up on, and it came back looking very lovely and enticing to me..so I gave him another..except this one had already been varnished...WELL...can we spell D-E-S-T-R-O-Y??? LOL..it mutilated it..and he's asking..."ummm..can you FIX this?"...LOL ... oh well..

On April 17-18, There are two art shows in Chattanooga Tennessee coming on the weekend of April 17-18. There's this huge fine art show called Four Bridges, and a better, smaller show called Faux Bridges. I am doing the Faux Bridges show. It's on Frasier Avenue at Winder Binder gallery, in case any of you that are nearby want to come and see us there!

Anyway..Need to run..got to go "to town"..
Live Artfully!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

While I don't watch every single day, I do check in on the lorelis to see which episode it is, so I'm totally w/ you on the stars hollow bunch! I've even beeb watching the new show lauren has on nbc, it isn't bad...

Diva Kreszl said...

wow, what an impressive body of work for one morning!

Mary said...

Hi Suzan, I put it on my calendar just in case I can make it.

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

How on earth are you this productive? ALL the time? And you have time to blog too?

Sueann said...

Your "warm up" paintings are wonderful! A sander huh? LOL! Guess the varnish clogged up the saner disc and the painting?? LOL! Well that sucks. One out of two isn't bad though!
Hugs
SueAnn

HeARTworks said...

Wow! One hour! I'm super impressed! They're one hour wonders!