Thursday, March 25, 2010

PAINTING FINISHED TONIGHT...OLD McDONALD HAD A FARM...EIEIOOOOOOO

 12 x 18 acrylic on wood
Finished this painting tonight. It made me want to sing "Old McDonald"...I am happy with it, and after I finished it, I drew a tiny spider web on his hat, complete with a dangling spider...

It's been a long day...off to bed.
Live Artfully!!

 Well..I didn't go to bed. An hour ago, I posted the redneck man painting on Facebook. Then I went in my art room, and painted this. It is also 12 x 18 acrylic on wood. I don't know what has gotten into me. Four paintings in a day is a lot, even for me.  This one just came out. Earlier today, I was looking at journal blogs, and I saw a woman very similar to this one--I wish I could tell you whose blog it was. Hers was so serene and beautiful, and she stuck in my head...but, this is how mine came out..

I also revised the other two today..I wasn't happy with them, and changed them around a bit. Ok..NOW, I am going to bed.
Live Artfully!!

8 comments:

Sueann said...

Sleep well dear one!! Love your farmer man...he is wonderful. And the lady is serene...you captured that feeling so well!! They both are fabulous!
Hugs
SueAnn

Anonymous said...

Wow, such creativity bursting into to beauty! These are awesome!

Mary said...

I am smiling!!!!
I love Old McDonald!!! It is just great!!! Love the spider idea!! I want to see it!!!

Suzan you are incredibly talented my friend!!!

Hugs!!!!

Jazz said...

For some reason, Old McDonald reminds me of Botero's paintings.

Anonymous said...

That farmer brought back memories... or was it I thought I dated him... it's that twinkle in his eye... he's still cute...

amy said...

just discovered you! love your stuff!

Chris said...

Suzan your old Mcdonald is wonderful... I can just imagine him with piece of straw hanging from the side of his mouth... while he herds his cows...lol brilliant.
Love your lady too she is stunning. You are soooo talented...wish I could paint like you.
Have a fab weekend
hugs
Chris xx

risa said...

I marvel (and envy) your speed in painting. My muse seems to move much slower. But some days (like yesterday) when I let my artist-ADD take over...it's a wonderful thing!

Love your work! I love the woman (was Judy Wise the inspiration perhaps? I love her work too!)