Wednesday, June 9, 2010

THIS WEEKEND-- LONG and FUN!! 3 DAYS..3 SHOWS!! 3 NEW PAINTINGS!


Nature Boy and I had a tremendously LONG weekend. We drove to Dalton, GA on Friday night (about 2 1/2 hours away), for a show put on by Kellie Smith Design Studio. We were there with several other artist (my mistake on thinking I was going to be there alone). There was another artist there ( a wonderful woman named Ashley), 2 photographers, and a broom maker. It was fun, and quite a few people showed up. We were going to stay in a hotel, since we had to be back in Chattanooga on Saturday morning, but we ended up driving home--I have this "thing" for hotels,  they kind of creep me out..LOL. Anyway--we drove home, slept 4 hours, and went back to Chattanooga for Art Til Dark. It was muggy, and hot--but, we had a good day, and got to spend time with some of our friends. Drove home from that (at 6pm), got home..went to bed--woke up and drove BACK to Chattanooga for the Chattanooga Market on Sunday. Needless to say--we were half-dead from exhaustion, and my legs and feet felt like they were going to fall off. I just kept telling myself..that all I had to do was live through the rest of Sunday, and I could have some time off!!

YES!! Sunday was our final day of the 16 day run that we just had. I ended up selling 7 days out of 16. Amazing. Tiring. Fulfilling!!Now--I am on a "stay-cation"...we are just going to stay at home, and rest. We MIGHT try to go to Florida, but if we don't, I won't mind.

I have been painting. So far--4 new paintings..2 of which sold..LOL..Thank you !! I am going to actually try to paint some different stuff, and up my inventory..but, who knows how that will go. Anyway..off to bed--I only had a 3 hour nap today, and am going to sleep some more. It just feels SO GOOD to sleep!! LOL.

Live Artfully!!

4 comments:

Sueann said...

So glad you had a fun and profitable run at it! I love your new pieces..especially the bird!! Wonderful!
Hugs
SueAnn

Terri Kahrs said...

I remember when you first began to sell your work - you've come a LONG way, Baby!!! Enjoy your well deserved rest AND your success too!!! Love that 2nd painting - looks like you're changing it up and it suits you!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

House of Hullabaloo said...

Suzan, I love your artwork! You are so talented!

Cindy said...

I'm loving the style on the bird and the one titled emotion - I love how art can stretch us in new directions!