Sunday, August 1, 2010

TODAY

Whew..LONGGGGG DAY!!! This morning, Nature Boy (my husband) and I got up and went to the Chattanooga Market, not as vendors, but as visitors. We went early in an attempt to beat the heat, but it didn't work. It was a hot day in hades today! We actually went to pick up our new PINK Chattanooga Market t-shirts. Then, we went and hung out downtown for a bit, ate lunch and came back home. Our electricity was out when we got here...so we had to wait for it to come back on, and then it was NAP time...LOL..got to have my nap! Well...it was late when I finally got dinner cooked, and even later when I finally got into the studio..but, I did manage to paint this. It was actually two chickens, then this...LOL..don't ask how that happened!

I went and picked up my 13 pieces out of the gallery that they were in. I knew that I wouldn't be back in Chattanooga until the middle of Sept..or longer, and thought that I better go ahead and get them, so that I would have them for the two shows that are coming up. I am calming down about how many paintings I need, because many of the 13 were good sized pieces, so it will make the booth look fuller!

Anyway...long day..nothing exciting happened...Oh well...Live Artfully!!

5 comments:

katemade designs said...

wow what a cool painting. Love the eyes.

Sueann said...

Love the painting...two chickens, huh? I won't ask!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Dale Parker said...

Suzan, not sure how the chickens looked, but I really like this portrait. I love your style of portraiture. I have always been a little afraid to tackle portraits, but I think I could do it if I get a little more free with shape and color. Thanks for sharing!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Love this and all the others artful awesome creations with brilliant colors. I really enthuse again about your art works.
Have a creative nice week,
Hugs Anja

Mary S. Hunt said...

this piece draws me in...
good luck with sales at the show