Friday, October 15, 2010

MENTONE ALABAMA COLORFEST FESTIVAL THIS WEEKEND!!!



HELLO!!! I am SO eager to get up in the morning, and feel the 33 degree crisp weather that we will be having!! Then, it's off to Mentone, Alabama for a two day show!! I am happy, happy, happy!!!

This week I discovered a Japanese place in our little town, that has the BEST food in the county!! I have been eating avocado and cucumber rolls for two straight days, and seaweed salad. Yum YUM Yum!!! I had never had seaweed before, and it really surprised me. It's a different, slightly sweet taste...and delicious!! I have been so sick of the way all the restaurants cook here. So, to find an authentic Japanese restaurant in small town America (this would never be a problem in a larger city)..was a blessing from heaven!!

Anyway..other than eating ...I have been painting a little. I got these 4 painted, along with about 4 more--which I didn't photograph yet, but I will. Maybe, I'll have enough to do this show! We went out there this morning to set up, and it's right smack dap in the middle of a wooded park. It's awesome..except walnuts and hickory nuts are falling, and a hickory nut fell and hit Nature Boy in the head. It must have hit hard, because I HEARD IT hit....and he said it hurt...Maybe, I'll wear a hard hat out there tomorrow..hehehehe.

Oh well..nothing else is new. I have a boring life (which is fine with me)...Live Artfully!!

1 comment:

Sueann said...

Wonderful paintings!
Good luck on your show! And watch out for those falling nuts!!!!
Yikes!
Hugs
SueAnn