Sunday, January 16, 2011

SNOWED/ICED IN FOR ONE WEEK...A HORROR STORY..




Ok..Here's some more paintings that I did with the same outline. I can't seem to stop doing them, and feel like I may never paint another owl, tree, man, etc...again..They are so fun to do..and it's challenging  to make them different. But..I do have to paint other things for the show in Birmingham on Feb.5th. It's called Riverchase Loves Artist Art Show, and I am praying that we won't be snowed or iced in! I am excited to get out there with the public again.

We have officially been snowed in for one week. I am going a little bat crazy..and want to drive like a 1000 miles, and not stop.. just to get out of the house, and DO something. Thank God that I have painting and drawing that I can do--because I would be seriously bonkers. I am watching 3-6 episodes of Criminal Minds A DAY...Bones--2-3 times a day..The TV is turning my head into a vegetable of a rotten kind..

I have had several people recently ask me to teach an online class, and one lady that I know in real life (as opposed to online life), ask me to give private lessons. I really wish that I could do this for you all. I cannot. I am not here to teach (though, if you have any questions that I can answer--I am always glad to help you!) I am here to paint and create art. I am obsessive about it. It makes my blood pump. All of my life (starting as soon as I could talk), ALL I have said that I want to be is an ARTIST. I tried teaching....and I am not good at it. I just want to paint. So, I'm sorry..but, there are a lot of people out there teaching some good classes, I just don't have time to be one of them. :(

Pam Carikker's book, "ART AT THE SPEED OF LIFE", which I am one of the contributing artist--came in the mail on Friday!! It's awesome, and has lots of good writings from many great artist, with a lot of really good tutorials and "how-tos". You can order it HERE

That is about all for today..I am ready to get to work. I might paint some trees and flowers today...LOL..just for a change of pace.

Live Artfully!!

8 comments:

Liz-Anna said...

Wonderful pieces, Suzan! I had lots of snow but still had to go off to work every day. I don't blame you about the teaching one bit! Much more fun to just create.

Maria-Thérèse ~ www.afiori.com said...

Wow, you are so productive and all of your paintings seem to radiate this explosive... energy!
How much snow do you have?? Aren't there people to dig you out? :-S
My town has the greatest snow depth in Sweden at the moment; it was 55 inches (140 cm) a few days ago but now it's snowed some more. They are ploughing like crazy but the streets are like narrow tunnels and you can't hear cars coming.

Janie Husband said...

i just love your faces and what you did with them.....and i hear you about being stuck in for a week.....cannot get out of our drive... oh, to be as focused and productive as you are....

Giggles said...

Beautiful ladies, I guess you have go where your artistic spirit leads you! Ladies it is right now I guess! I'm sure the pendulum with swing back in time! For now enjoy! As for teaching... It's not my thing either! I think it's way more fun to paint!!

Hugs Giggles

Anonymous said...

You have hit your 'thing' me thinks...don't ever stop...may it keep snowing!!! Love, love, love.

Sueann said...

I am loving these new paints! They are so exciting!!
And yes...it is good that you know what you can and cannot do. Teaching I believe is a calling...some can do it...many can't!
Enjoy your paints and I hope a path clears in the snow so you can get out soon!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Isabel said...

I sooo enjoy not just your art but all the postings and Fb posts, your whole personality just makes me smile:O) and Laugh outloud and scares my dog:O) Thanks:O)

Cindy Lew's Studio said...

I love your work, that is awesome! Cindy Lew