Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A SIMPLE PAINTING..

Hello! I have played on Facebook, caught all my games up, talked to my daughter, snacked on anything that wasn't tied down in my kitchen, watched TV, read my pyschic reading, looked at all the horoscopes in the universe, took a nap, searched the internet, and now as a final attempt to PROCRASTINATE--I am blogging. It's cold..wintery..but the sunshine is beautiful..and I have today and tomorrow....to get ready for the Riverchase Loves Artist show in Birmingham. I feel like I don't have enough work. Of course, instead of hurriedly rushing about, I am procrastinating...why? Because I want to. The greatest thing about being an artist is that you can DO WHAT YOU WANT TO. WHEN you want to. I don' t have a boss..a time schedule..a watch, even..Most days, I don't know if it is Monday or Saturday..nor do I care to know..if I didn't have a favorite TV show that I watch each night..I might not EVER know what day it is...Just in case you are wondering..Monday's is the "Closer", Tuesday is "NCIS", Wednesday is "Criminal Minds", and Thursday is "Bones". That is my 4 hours of mindless TV a week. But, I digress..I love doing what I want to do, when I want to do it. It's an absolute blessing, and I thank GOD that he has granted me this privilege! I am always planning, and scheming in my down times though..and I have decided to do a few things in the upcoming months...

1. I think I am going to incorporate more Mixed Media in my work. For 3 years, I have done straight painting, for a year before that, I did ONLY collage (my "creative gluing" period), but, I am going to work on some more complex pieces in the near future.   
2. I am wanting to re-read the Bible. Yes! I said re-read..I have read it cover to cover, I think 4 times..but, maybe only 3. It's not as hard as it seems..it takes about a year..maybe a little more...
3. I am going to start working with clay. I think I've found a good air-dry clay to start with. I know that clay work has been calling me for a while..maybe most of my life. I have always loved it. I am not talking about making pottery..I am talking about an eclectic mix of clay, and other mediums to make figures and things.
4. (MAYBE THE MOST IMPORTANT)--I am going to go on a work schedule! One of the cool things about DOING WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. I WANT to get on a schedule--or work on my self-displine..it's important to get anything actually DONE..By Monday morning, I am going to have a schedule..Example--6-7am--Coffee, computer..7-12 pm..Studio time. 12- 1--reading and lunch....etc..etc...I want 2011 to be PRODUCTIVE. I have messed around an ENTIRE month..and didn't get much done (only 20 paintings!)..I could have done 4 times that many if I weren't so LAZY...hahahah. Ok--I push myself..I know..you all do not have to tell me. So...

And #5. I am putting Nature Boy on a schedule. I am making a list, and checking it twice..and it's going to be a "Honey-DO" list...we need to GET THINGS DONE.

Well..that's about it...my ramblings for the day...Now, I am going to go heat up dinner for Nature Boy, and pretend that I have been slaving away at the hot stove for hours..hehehe...then, I am going back to procrastinating..because..after ALL..I have UNTIL MONDAY.
Live Artfully.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I envy you being on your own schedule, whatever you decide it's going to be...

And I can't wait to see your multimedia stuff...

- Jazz

lee said...

sounds pretty good to me.

Sueann said...

I have been procrastinating all week! Sigh!!! Yes I do what I want when I want to as well! But putting myself on a schedule is a scary proposition! I mean....can I keep up? Will I get behind??? Will it make me depressed when I am not able to keep up? Sigh!!! Hence...no schedule as of yet. I am too hard on myself and I schedule too much stuff in one day. Must learn restraint first...then write!!
One of these days....right now...back to playing! Ha!
Hugs
SueAnn

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Thank you sharing your thoughts...
I also, find myself trying to have the right balance in my life.
As an artist...mother... and wife.
"Complete a piece of artwork each week", I tell myself.
But, because my art will "reflect my feeling of thought" that sometimes isn't always that simple.
Getting wrapped up with life, I will put an art piece on hold.
So... I've done a little reflecting, I'm not being fair to myself.
I'm also, not nurturing my creative soul.
I guess what I'm trying to say here is... we owe it to ourself, to be productive artist.
Keep up the good work! :]