Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A FIRE and AN ELEPHANT!!

Well..I took a day off..and then yesterday, I painted this..so I am a slacker..LOL. The elephant is 12 x 24, and sold within minutes of posting..Thank you!! (You know who you are!).

Last night, I walked out on the porch, and stood a few moments..and when I turned around--saw that a house down the street was on fire (probably about 1/4 of mile down the road. I screamed "Oh My GOD!!" so loud that Nature Boy, who was putting a hanger on the back of a painting, literally TOSSED the painting...and came running. ( I didn't know he could move that fast!) LOL.  I called 9-1-1..(they had already been notified), but better safe than sorry. We stood out there and watched this HUGE fire for about an hour. They cut the electricity in our neighborhood, so there was no sense in going inside. We knew that no one lived in the house...so we just stood out there and watched it. This morning, I got up and drove down there to see which house it was. I have to say that our volunteer fire department is WONDERFUL, because a large house burnt, and the two on either side of it (close together) did not look like they had any damage at all. Most of the houses on this road are far apart, but these 3 are really close..maybe a few feet  between them. (I am guessing that one person probably owns all 3???) I don't really know because I don't know the people on that end of the street. But anyway--no one lived in the big house--even though it was a nice house, so...at least no one is homeless this morning, and it's not THAT tragic or anything. (Not being cold about it, but, you know...realistic about the situation).

Well, that was my little bit of excitement for the week. LOL. In one week and one day, we will be leaving for our first show this year. I am a nervous wreck..(always am)..but, at least I'll finally have something to blog about...hahahah.

I think today I might attempt something that has been ping-ponging around in my head for a while now. Nature Boy made me some 3 foot x 4 foot wood panels with cradled 2" sides..and I couldn't figure out what to paint that large. I think I am going to do a journal page painting..


Something like one of these (some old journal pages), except the entire thing will be hand-painted...and it'll be MEGA HUGE..Of course--I don't know if it'll work or not..or if I will get bored with it before I finish it..but, what the heck..anyway..
Live Artfully!!

3 comments:

Deb Harvey said...

Glad the house on fire didn't have people living there!

I love your elephant painting, and I can see why it sold right away! It's great!!! Love all of your work...and your idea for the large paintings...They will be amazing, too!

Janie Husband said...

the cutest elephant ever..............

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Such a treasure to see!
Thank you for sharing, wonderful artwork.