Wednesday, April 13, 2011

MY DAUGHTER TURNED 24 YESTERDAY!!

Hello!! Yesterday was my baby's 24th birthday! I can't believe that she is that old, and has already done so much with her life!! I am very proud of you, and all that you are! I love you!!!

Well, ever since returning from Pensacola, FL..I have been in a pickle. First, I got sick..but, not really sick..but, my throat became painful, making swallowing hard...and my bronchial tubes became irritated. I think it was a combination of Florida pollen, and from an artist that set up across from us, that spray painted on his hanging paintings for two days. All I breathed for two days was spray paint. The man was asking $$$$ in the thousands..and I think he really cheapened himself by constantly adding spray paint to his work throughout the whole show.  Come on..BE PROFESSIONAL. If you wanted to work..then work on something that wasn't hanging in your booth for sale...geesh!!

Anyway, I went to the doctor for my throat, and she put me on antibiotics, and they have actually made me feel worse than I did before I went. The days of me not painting were ticking away, and hit the double digits. THEN..I began to feel like I was never going to paint again. This is a death sentence for a productive artist!! I am sure that Nature Boy has wanted to duct tape my mouth shut, because I have been whining that I would NEVER PAINT AGAIN..woooo is me....PITY PARTY ATTACK...Today..I painted a cow. I hated it..so I painted it again. I ended up with the painting above. I still am not 100%..and I know the ONLY thing that is going to cure me is a good show. I came home from Prattville, AL, feeling all good and happy.(WONDERFUL PEOPLE there!)..Then went to Pensacola, and got my rear end kicked...and then had a horrible weekend last weekend...I NEED A GOOD SHOW!!!! So, this upcoming weekend, we are headed to the city of GUNTERSVILLE,AL. We will be doing the ART ON THE LAKE show. The weather is suppose to be pleasant, and maybe I can get my "artistic groove" back. It's such an emotional roller coaster...this life as an artist..you are marked by people's reaction to your work. If they react with indifference..it's like they might as well take a knife, and give you a frontal lobotomy..hahahah..at least that's how I FEEL!

Ok..I will not subject you to any more of my whining..I can hide from Nature Boy and his duct tape, but if you ALL decide that I need it..I probably couldn't hide..hehehehe.
Live Artfully!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

I have a feeling you will always paint my friend!!

And don't let what other's think determine how you feel about yourself. You marvelous and have a big talent!!!!

Hope you are feeling all better soon!

xxoo

Janet Ghio said...

Feel better soon!! What an idiot to be using all that spray paint--no wonder you are sick! Hang in there, your muse will come back (I know-not much consolation!) Have a great show this weekend!

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Perfect painting for this post! Great artwork as always :]
Sending "happy birthday wishes' to your daughter, time does fly. My oldest out of 4, will be 25 this year!