Tuesday, April 26, 2011

PAINTING AGAIN...RACING THE CLOCK...



Do you hear it??? The clock is ticking, ticking, ticking..so loud that I can only think of Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart"..it's beating in my ears. I have painted 3 paintings this week so far--I have also sold 3 paintings..so the clock ticking gets louder...we have to leave Friday morning to go to Troy, Alabama for a two day show..I have two large shows the two weeks following...I am down to 47 paintings....ARGGGHHHHHH !!! THE PRESSURE!!! I will be painting in the hotel room again, I'm sure...LOL..WHOOOHOOO..gotta love stress!! I fortunately work well under stress...

This past weekend we went and showed at the Mentone Earth Day. Other than a wonderful stained glass artist, I think  that I was the only artist out there. It was so good to see all of my Mentone friends after a long winter away from them. They are some of the nicest people that I have ever met, and I look forward to seeing them again soon!!

I got sick after the show in Pensacola..after 10 days of antibiotics, I think it must be Spring allergies..and I probably need some Benedryl or something. I am tired, with a scratchy throat..and am slightly itchy..I, like so many of my friends, must have a LOVE/HATE relationship with SPRING. I love the newly blossoming trees and flowers, and the birds building their nest, and all the animal babies that seem to come out of nowhere...I HATE the pollen..LOL

Anyway..back to the grindstone! LIVE ARTFULLY!!

8 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Would love to see your paintings in person!! Good luck at your upcoming shows!

Monica said...

A shot of Jack Daniels would be better

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Your paintings are fantastic!
You go girl, keep them coming :]

Anonymous said...

Hope you stay well on your travels! Happy painting!

Dori Patrick said...

Ahhhh..yes...show season is starting up again! Good for you! And good luck with all you need to get done!! I'm gonna friend you on Facebook, too. :-)

Anonymous said...

These paintings are great! Keep painting...once you start it's hard to stop!!

My wife's grandparents on her mother's side lived in Mentone for many, many years... right by the river. We had many a delightful visit there enjoying the mountain and the river....reading your post brought back memories...thank you!

Shelley Whiting's art said...

Wow I love that multicolored owl. Love the vibrant colors of your pieces. Your art is very whimsical and enchanting.

Armada Volya said...

Love your painting. hope you'll get better soon. It could've also been a virus, they don't respond to antibiotics. Lemon-honey mix is the only thing that saves me from those.

Arts