Sunday, May 8, 2011

WOW..WHAT A WEEK!!!

WOW! where is time going?? On April 27th, Alabama was hit with a gazillion tornadoes...we were very fortunate and blessed. The areas all around us are damaged and so sad...It has broke my heart to know what the people of Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, and others are going through. I pray for the areas nightly. Yesterday, we did an art show in Valleyhead, AL. There was massive destruction within 5 miles of us. It was a gathering of artist and we donated to help the victims of the storms. I wish that I could have given a million dollars more. The show was on a beautiful sheep farm called Sweet Seasons. It was very beautiful and peaceful, and a lot of my artist friends were there. We had a great day. 

This is what we saw all day...gorgeous green hills and wonderful sheep. The owner, Paulette Manning is an amazing woman..and she put on an excellent show!! Thank you Paulette! I can't wait until next year!!!


Going back a bit..the day after the storms hit, we went down to Troy, AL for a show. It was also a great show, and the highlight of that show was that my uncle came up from Pensacola, FL, and spent the weekend with us. My friend, visionary folk artist Brenda Davis was there also, and we had a blast! Brenda is a wonderful person, so if you ever get to meet her, tell her I said Hi!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! Today is Mother's Day. Kimberly (my daughter) sent me Godiva Chocolates...and called. I miss her so much! (I'm sure she doesn't miss me, as badly as I miss her!)..and Nature Boy took me to COSTCO..so it was a wonderful day!! Hope all the mother's out there had a good one.

I am rambling..tired now..time for bed. LIVE ARTFULLY!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Suzan, so glad you are safe and sound. Those storms skirted around us too.

I missed not seeing my daughter yesterday...she will be home for the summer Friday! Yay!

Carol P said...

Yes, I feel so bad for all the people who had their lives turned upside down by the tornadoes. Glad you had a great weekend! Love the painting above... thanks for sharing.

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

Love the painting... house on his head,clever !
The photo is very sweet.
Thank you for sharing your day :]