Wednesday, July 13, 2011

OH GOODNESS!! DID I FORGET THAT I HAD A BLOG?

Hello! I haven't been here in a long time. Summer, this year is my down time, and my regrouping time..so..I don't really have much to say. We did a show in Mentone since the Whofest Show, and that was fun. It was so extremely HOT though. I think that kept a lot of people away...but, we hung out with great friends, and got to see everyone...so it was all good.

Six weeks ago, I joined Weight Watchers online. As of today, I have lost approximately 20 pounds!! I have given up sugar almost completely, and am eating as many raw foods as possible. I feel calmer, thinner, happier...and after struggling through the first few weeks, I no longer think about eating junk, and what I gave up...(white rice, white potatoes, white pasta,sugar, processed food, anything with high fructose corn syrup..and other stuff--including CHOCOLATE..hahahaha). Now it's whole grains, nuts, healthy fats, lean protein, fruits and vegetables...Nature Boy has lost about 4 pounds..and is excercising on the glider machine much more than I am.

I should be painting more. I have had something of an artist block lately..just can't seem to get back in the groove of things..but, I will. I have some big shows coming up in September and October, and HAVE to get busy. Well..that's about all! Live Artfully!!

6 comments:

Sueann said...

Congrats on the weight loss...good for you!!
Summer is slow for me too. I spend a lot of time with the grandkids...so work is usually set aside. Must get back at it though!!
Have a great week!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Congrats on the 20 pounds! I'm impressed. No worries, the art will come.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogging! I'm sure you'll be able to get a lot of stuff ready for your shows, seeing the amount of work you can put out when you're in your zone.

- Jazz

Janet Ghio said...

Wow-20 pounds!! I'm not sure I could live without chocolate!!

Jill said...

Hi Suzan! Congrats on the weight loss and losing the sugar and other bad eating stuff!! I miss your paintings - I especially love your dog paintings and wish I lived closer so I could come buy some. Have a great summer.

Ron said...

Hi Miss Suzan!
Glad to know I'm not the only one who 'forgets' to post! LOL!
Congrats on the weight loss and I can't wait to some of your new work.