Sunday, July 31, 2011

TODAY..

Ok..This is today's work--ALL day..repainted so many times that I felt like throwing it in the garbage. It was a still life, a dog (which Nature Boy said looked like a rabbit), then two different women. I was in the process of covering the last woman when this emerged. I like it ok. Geesh..I hate days like this...where nothing works!!

Other than that..I played with the dog. He is SO FUNNY. He'll go running after something or nothing, then I whistle and he runs back as fast as he can. Then he'd run after his imaginary friend, running as hard as his little short legs would take him, then I would whistle...this went on for a while...hahahah..He's so pooped out--that he's been sound asleep on the porch for HOURS.


Well..I think it's time for bed. Live Artfully!!

8 comments:

Giggles said...

I thought I was the only crazy person who paints things a million times in frustration... to hear that you do it gives me some kind of relief! This one is haunting as though she has been through trauma... she probably would like to say phew that took a lot of work but I am finally here!!! lol

May your regular muse attach love to your paint brush today!!

Hugs Giggles

Sueann said...

I like what emerged too!! Very cool!
Hugs
SueAnn

heather noye said...

she's very pretty. she seems to be deep in thought.

Chesterbrook Academy Elementary said...

I love this painting, the way the face is struggling to exist despite the heavy paint.

Mary said...

Hi Suzan...love this piece!!

Deb Harvey said...

I know what you mean about those days... Your painting is wonderful, I really like it!

Love hearing about your dog. We have 4, and they are so much fun!

Michelle said...

Well, I'm new to this page. I'm an old art ed grad who is working as a drug prevention coordinator now. I just recently discovered art journaling.

Anyway, I think this is beautiful. I like the layers and visual texture you achieved.

I'm just sayin'.

Michelle

Michelle said...

Well, I think it's beautiful; in texture and subject.