Saturday, July 30, 2011

MANY MANY PAINTINGS TO SHOW...I NEED TO GET BACK TO BLOGGING!!














I just realized that I have not been posting my art on the blog. What is up with that? Everything goes on Facebook, Facebook, Facebook. Facebook is EVIL! It's a brain-sucker, a time stealer...I have to get off of there!!!

Well..let's see..In July, we did a show in Mentone, AL., and it was the hottest day that I have ever spent outside in my life (and I am from FLORIDA, so I KNOW hot weather!)..but, we got to hang out with friends and that made it worthwhile. From July until last night, Nature Boy and I have been hanging out at home, working and working. Only a couple of things have happened lately. ONE WAS THIS:

You all know that ever since Petey died, I have been waiting for another dog to come into my life. I held off going out and finding one, because I knew that one day, another one would find me, and need me. Well..this little beagle showed up about a week and a half ago, and he was in sad, sad shape. He was afraid, wouldn't come near us, and starving to death (literally). He was so thin that you could count his ribs...and his head was like solid bone, no fat on it at all. I started feeding him, then began feeding him every four hours, and he's so fat. I cannot believe that he gained weight THAT FAST!! He's not afraid of us now, and follows us around. He's basically a good dog, except he HOWLS...and when he howls, he chases...I am bewildered that SO MUCH NOISE can come out of such a little dog!! He's still timid..unless he's chasing something...hahahhaha...but, he'll probably outgrow that in time. I named him DOBBY, after the elf in Harry Potter, because when I first got him to look at me, his head was so thin that he looked exactly like Dobby..but, anyway..he's become "ours".

The only other thing that has happened is that we did the Huntsville Gallery Tour. It was fun, and got us out in the public again. Met some wonderful new customers, and saw some old friends!!

Well..that's it...soon the fall season will be here! We can't wait!! Looking forward to doing some really good shows!!! Live Artfully!!

18 comments:

Theresa Plas said...

WONDERFUL eye candy Suzan and big congrats on your newest family member - what a sweetheart:)

Anna Schüler said...

I really love these works!

Anna

Chesterbrook Academy Elementary said...

I always enjoy looking at your blog.
I love the colors and patterns of your paintings.

I enjoyed reading the sweet story of Dobby.

Jennibellie said...

Absolutely fabulous paintings, every one is unbelievably fantastic. And as for Dobby (love the fact you've called him that - big HP fan lol) - absolutely adorable. He's a lucky dog to have found you, our rescue dog was exactly the same but now 6 months on he's king of the castle. Isn't it lovely to see them grow? Much love Jenny

Ron said...

Hi Mz. Buckner,
you gonna be doing any shows in Georgia? Maybe west Georgia? I would really love to see your work up close!
Cute Dog!! :)

Renee Troy said...

Loving all your new paintings Suzan! And, loving you for rescuing Dobby! He's got such beautiful, soulful eyes...

Talking Horses Arts said...

Wow you been busy! love the paintings. Love the doggy to btw,how wonderful he found you. You saved him, awesome!
Thumbs up for you girl!
Andrea.

Carol P said...

Nice work! We have missed you! Dobby is so cute! It is so true that animals do seem to find us. That is how we got the 3 cats that we have had. So great that he has a good home now and can enjoy life.

Carol P said...

So glad you are back...Great work! Dobby is so cute! It is true that they do seem to find us don't they. He is a lucky dog to have found a loving home.

Giggles said...

He's adorable and you are a woman after my own heart! I would do the exact same thing...feed them and love them, animals and kids!! Wow I love them... especially the first ones with the integrated texture and color...heck I love them all!

Happy sunday to you!

Hugs Giggles

Sueann said...

Love the new work!! Especially the birds and XXX. My favs!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Lynn Devine McDonald said...

Love seeing all of your new work,glad you remembered to share it!!

heather noye said...

Wow! Lots of new incredible work!!!

Such a great story about your new dog, Dobby. Funny thing. About a month ago a little hairball showed up inside our fenced yard; skin and bones (and hair). We took him in and cleaned him up and fed him. And now he's ours. And guess what we named him? Dobby!!! He's got the biggest ears. and also he just apparated in our yard like a house elf. lol

Will you be showing at Folk Fest in Norcross Ga, August 19-22?

A'n'G Johnson said...

wow. all that painting. You have been BUSY! and Dobby is just adorable. congratulations on making him yours. It is so sweet that he found his way to such a wonderful home.

heather noye said...

HiYa Susan - well we're kind of close to Norcross.. We live in the North Ga mountains... Dahlonega to be exact. But Norcross isn't far and we travel almost any distance for a great art show!!!

I didn't know about the Norcross Art Fest. I'll have to check it out. I'm going to an art retreat in Nags Head, North Carolina in October. I'm unsure of the weekend but if the 2 events don't conflict I'll definitely check out the Norcross show!!!

Sacred Yoli said...

I feel your frustration with Facebook! It is the biggest time sucker! I haven't blogged in weeks.

Your art is amazing! Big ups to you with staying productive in the studio. I can't say the same, but I am determined to unleash my pent up creativity. Your blog was just what I needed.

Cute doggie!

Alkemilla said...

A so lovely series, Susan!!!!!!
:D
Smiles for your daughter and you!

Coleen said...

Susan, you are so prolific and your colors are wonderful. Many very nice works.

Coleen in Ukraine