Monday, April 23, 2012

APRIL 28th and 29th TROYFEST -- TROY ALABAMA!!!

Oh HAPPY DAY!!! Four more days until we get to set up for the Troy, Alabama TROYFEST!! It's one of my favorite shows of the season!! I am so excited, and am working furiously to get everything ready!! I am out of my dark cloud, and ready to PAINT again. I will tell you what I did!! Yesterday, I started to clean my  studio..I have been in a funk for months, struggling through every brush stroke..not even doing a painting a day...etc..so, I decided to CLEAN THE PIGSTY!! I paint at a table. On my left-hand side is a large counter from an old store. On top of this counter, I had another table..and stuff piled on both pieces...It created a deep dark hole, which just happens to be where I sit and paint...In this dark hole also sits my TV, and my computer....So yesterday, I have Chuck come in, and remove the table piled on the table..(after I had removed all the crap that was piled to the ceiling)..and POOF..LIGHT!! I no longer feel trapped..I guess it was creating a CAVE EFFECT..because once it was all gone (except the computer and TV)....it was like a glorious light at the end of the tunnel. I felt as if a boulder was lifted off of me!!! So, I am happy, and after a long, long winter ...am ready to kick some a.....Live Artfully!!

6 comments:

Giggles said...

Good for you....I guess you picked up some artful energy that was lost in the junk and changed into funk!! lol
Good to see you back on track!!

Hugs Giggles

Lynn Devine McDonald said...

Glad to hear you are out of your funk! Hope you get into American Artisan, I'd love to see you again!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

That painting is again awesome!
Wish you a lot of fun at Troyfest!

Poetic Artist said...

Hello..
Just to let you know...U r in my thoughts..Miss talking every once in a while..I guess you have become to famous 4 us other people.
LOL.
Luv and Hugs,
Katelen

Dori Patrick said...

Good for you! I always clean when I get blocked and it helps!

Unknown said...

nice to meet your blog