Tuesday, July 3, 2012

WHERE HAVE I BEEN ?? WHERE AM I GOING??




I did not realize that it had been since April since I posted on my blog! Goodness. I need to get with the program!

I have been to several shows since I last posted..and then summer came, and we don't have so many to do..I have been working on a children's book illustration that I was contracted to do, and just randomly painting..not so much..

This next weekend we are doing Julyfest in Mentone, AL..then we will be done until the first of September. Then, it's a full time thing again until December! WE GOT ACCEPTED into KENTUCK--This will be our second year, and we are EXCITED!! If you have never been to Kentuck Arts Festival--it's an experience!! We also got accepted into a new show for us--RIVER ARTS FEST in Memphis, Tennessee. Another new, exciting show!! We are waiting on 2 more important shows, then we'll be booked!

Remember that I lost weight last year? Well, as life would have it, I ended up gaining 30 pounds out of the 45 that I lost back. So..About 7 weeks ago, I went back to eating right, and am almost (3 pounds away) to being at what I got down to last year. Then --hopefully, I will continue to lose weight.(Cross your fingers for me).

I did something last week that I thought I would NEVER do--TWO things actually--I went to the hairdressers, and let them cut my hair all the way off..very short..and I LOVE IT! It is so liberating and freeing, and not nearly as hot!

That's about it. I'm caught up with you now..Live artfully!!

8 comments:

Lynn Devine McDonald said...

It is so nice to have you back and posting your new paintings!!! Congratulations on getting into Kentuck again!!

Sueann said...

Always a joy to view your new works! Love them all.
And congrats on the hair cut and the weight loss.
Hugs
SUeAnn

Unknown said...

i like those faces

GlorV1 said...

I love your art Susan and how brave of you to cut your hair. I am thinking of doing the same. Great post and good luck on your continued success with losing weight, which reminds me....:)

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Suzan this is really gorgeous work. So different, so colorful and so marvelous.
Lovely greet
Marja
(marjascreativity)

Chrisy said...

Lovely to hear from you and gorgeous artworks as usual. Congrats on being brave enough to have your hair cropped...a photo please!
I'm having a Giveaway for Frida's Birthday if you'd like to come over and comment at my blog.

Unknown said...

Congrats on Kentuck. Love that show. It's so fun. I haven't been to the other one, but I've heard it's really good. Love what you've been doing. Do some more. Ha!

Francoise Melzani said...

I love very much the last !