Thursday, January 31, 2013

JANUARY IS OVER AND GONE!!























 Well...Tomorrow is FEBRUARY...My anniversary of being married to Nature Boy is in 4 days..cannot believe that I have been married for ELEVEN years!! It's been a happy journey, and I hope we spend many, many more years together, driving each other insane...LOL...

I've been busy this month...I ended up painting 30 new paintings this month, PLUS getting many of the children's book illustrations done!!  I have to really step it up in February..I have exactly 39 days until our first show in Fairhope, Alabama!! It's a wonderful 3 day event, and I am so excited!! We have friends there that have loaned (gifted) us a condo on the beach for 5 days, and it will also be a mini-vacation for us!! We loved staying there when we did the Pensacola show, and are excited about staying there again!! We are SO BLESSED with such wonderful friends!! I thank the good Lord above every day for the people that he has put into our lives!!

The children's book is coming to a close. I will be happy to have it finished, and am so proud of how it is turning out. It has stretched my skills to their limit this year, and I think that it REALLY pushed me to do better...I had to depend a lot on DRAWING..and it was such good excercise for that side of my art. You all are going to LOVE IT!!!

I seemed to have gotten rid of a lot of negative crap and people in 2012..and am happy to be starting out the new year without the weight of certain people hanging around my neck. It's sad when a friendship ends, but  it was dragging me down, and making it where I had to "dumb down" to sustain it, so, it is better off to put in the wind. I do not have time in my life for ignorance and pure stupidity in a  relationship. Also, she was an artist who COPIES other people's work, and that drove me insane..so, I am glad that I am done with it!!

Also, on the negative front--Let's just get it ALL out in the open..I have gained FIVE POUNDS. After a 58 pound loss since May 2012. It ALWAYS happens in the winter...I fatten up like a hibernating bear..LOL..Luckily, it is ONLY 5 pounds, and LUCKILY I am going to get a grip on it before it gets out of hand...Whew..I am NOT throwing all that hard work away!!

So..that is my life so far in 2013...Long and boring...hahahah. Live Artfully!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wonderful wonderful work!

Sueann said...

You have been busy girl..fabulous paintings...I love them all!!!
As for dumping draining friendships..good for you. That is brave on your part and so necessary! I did the very same thing several years ago and I feel so much better. My vision is no longer crowded with all that negative garbage!! So amen sistah!!
Good luck on your upcoming show and congrats on the kids book!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Theresa Plas said...

Happy Feb Suzan! Love your happy art! Looking forward to more about the book. Best of luck in your upcoming art show!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Love all your paintings, cause I love your style.

Mary said...

Five lbs is not a lot...it happens. I was doing really well till the holidays hit. Have gained about 6 back. Having a hard time getting back on the wagon, but I know I will.

Love your paintings as always! When will we get to see a preview of the children's book?

Congrats on your Anniversary!

xoxo