Saturday, March 2, 2013




Good Afternoon...still painting away at the Buckner household...we are working feverishly, trying to get ready for the Fairhope Art Show..I am now to the point that I cannot sleep--only getting about 3 hours at a time, and then I wake up, and paint some more..I have went back to collage. I had been holding off on it for a long time, because I didn't want to tread on a friend's toes. (She only does collage stuff) ...Well..LO and BEHOLD..she ended our friendship in November (don't know why)...but, I feel liberated and FREE..I have been gluing everything in sight..The only bad thing is ..all my Distress Ink Pads have dried up, and turned to dust..so, at some point, I am going to have to purchase some mixed media collage supplies..I have already went through 2 bottles of Modge Podge...and HOPEFULLY after this first show, I will be able to do some tutorials and journal pages....Let's cross our fingers. I feel like I have exploded with creativity..(have painted 70 something paintings this year already!!!) 

I am so nervous..I really need to do shows all 12 months of the year..(Yeah, right..that is NOT going to happen)..but, after a break (especially a long one), I am like a new artist starting all over again. Combine that with the first show being a new place, and I'm stressed to the gills. But, it will all turn out ok...and in two weeks, it will be over...Live Artfully!!

2 comments:

Gabbi said...

Good luck. They are all so pretty. I love the colors in the cat.

Unknown said...

Hi suzan....it's been way too long since I last visited you...hope all is well with you and Charles...blessings as we head towards Spring...Bevie