Friday, March 8, 2013

THE BIG PAINTINGS!!









Whew!! Almost finished...I have one 4 foot x 5 foot painting to go, and I think I am done and ready!! I am so happy that I withdrew my application for another show THIS weekend, because I wouldn't have made it! It was in Orange Beach, AL..just a few miles down the road from the one that is next weekend, and we would have stayed down there this whole week, and I wouldn't be able to finish anything..hahah..

Nature Boy is busting out too, with some fantastic art of his own!! He is now doing metal quilting of sorts..hard to explain..I'll just steal a picture of his from Facebook, and show you all...

Ok..Painted background, then metal squares with actual hand-stitching ...a crazy amount of work went into this piece...but, it is gorgeous!! I have the absolute most wonderful husband!!

A woman named Dawn posted a question in comments..it was..."How on earth do you produce so many so quickly are the back ground prepared and then you get to painting?"

Dawn--Thank you for your comment first of all!! Second..I do the backgrounds first..usually the first and second layers are all done as a group, then I do each painting individually. I think that I am able to paint like I do for 2 reasons. Number 1--CONFIDENCE. I don't think things out..I just do them...If I mess up, I just keep painting..I'm not afraid of what the end result is..and Number 2--I don't have anything to do on a daiily basis except paint, no kids at home, no animals to take care of..no TV to watch..hahah...so, I am in the studio basically from the time that I wake up, to the time I go to bed. I could probably paint a lot more if I did not play games on Facebook...hahahha. Ok..I have to run to the store..out of food...Live Artfully!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They make me happy when I look at them. It must take a lot out of you to paint on such a large scale. I can't imagine!

Sueann said...

I absolutely adore your new series.
Hugs and good luck
SueAnn

Deb Harvey said...

I love all of your paintings! Love that amazing metal quilt, too!

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Visiting your blog and seeing your creations is like taking a happy day-cation for me! LOVE. Best to you at your show!

Unknown said...

Glad hubby has the arty bug too! the top paintings are my faves of this bunch such ideas! do you ever get painters block? love Dawn xx

greer / eggstudio said...

Lovely all of them, but the chicken is rocking!