Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I'M GRATEFUL

Today, I slept late--went to bed around 8 this morning, and got up around 2 this afternoon. It was thundering outside....so, I went outside on my porch and it was raining. The rain was coming straight down, really heavy..but not pounding..The air smelled liked heaven, and there was a cool breeze. I was so grateful. I try to start every morning out by finding something to Thank God for. Sometimes, it's just that I'm alive and healthy, but this morning was truely a blessing. It's the end of August--it should be sweltering hot, but I've actually had to put on a jacket at night. I'm grateful for so many things in my life. My husband, my daughter, his two daughters, the grandkids, and granddoggie, my "adopted children" (though they are all in there mid 20's or 30's)..my friends (most who have been with me through the long haul) and my biggest gratitude goes to the ability to fulfill a life-long dream of being an artist. I am most grateful that even though the world is seemingly raging with hatred and prejudice on the outside--I have my safe little world up here on the mountain, and even though I cannot ignore what is going on "out there"..I can keep my peace of mind in our little piece of heaven.

This has been a wonderful journey--this artistic life that we are allowed to live. I have met some wonderful people, and made some awesome friends (that I hope are with me for the rest of my days). I have gotten to travel, and sell my art. I have so much to be happy and grateful for.  Please take time each and every day to be grateful for something. It brings so much back to you, in many surprising ways.

Tomorrow is Nature Boy's birthday. He will be 66 years old. He's an amazing man--hard working, loyal, funny, cute, attentive to me..I would almost say that he is too perfect to be married to ME--I am flawed beyond belief...hahaha. Happy Birthday Sweetheart (Chuck)...you are wonderful, and I love you with all of my heart!

Not everything is perfect in my world. My daughter is living in Pennsylvania, which is a long way from Alabama. She is amazing--she got a job as a traveling nurse, and stays 13 weeks in a location (hospital), before they move her on to another job. I miss her every day, but am grateful that I raised (don't know how I did it), a loving, smart awesome woman.

I have a request--I don't ever ask for much. I have a friend, and his partner had a stroke this past Friday. I've only met these guys once in my life, we are online friends--but, they are really kind, and great people. Please take a moment to say a prayer, or send out a good thought for them. I would appreciate it.

Well, that is all for today..I just felt like writing down my thoughts, as boring as they may be.

Live Artfully!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this painting Suzan And happy birthday to your hubby. There is oh so much to be grateful for isn't there. Good thoughts to your friends partner who had the stroke hope they hare healthier now than when you wrote this post, and are getting better as I type. Love to you & yours Dxx