Thursday, September 19, 2013

I SET A TIMER FOR 30 MINUTES..AND...







Last night was FUN!! I took a stack of cardboard, and I set my timer for 30 minutes (for each painting), and I painted as fast as I could! I LOVED IT!! It was so liberating..I think that not caring what you are painting seriously helps you paint better..don't like something?? Glob paint on top of it..smear it around, and keep going. One of these paintings (I'm not telling which one), took 18 minutes...The trick though..have everything you need organized, and right at your fingertips..makes it go a lot faster!  Hope you enjoy!

Live Artfully!!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I love love the cute owl! I've been reading your last couple of posts about your childhood. It's not easy to share the hard stuff of life and yet it can be freeing. Your childhood has made you into the wonderful, thankful, artist you are today. I have been following you for many years and love your style! Xo

Theresa Plas said...

Flipping awesome!!!!

Linda C said...

I don't know how you do it, but you do inspire me to at least TRY. So often I sit with a heck of a lot more than 30 minutes available to me for making art, and I just look at the supplies, look at the brushes, clean the desk, paw through fabric, rustle through papers, and then the day is over. Ugh!!!!! This is great inspiration. Thanks for sharing your colourful and fun work.