Thursday, September 26, 2013

MORE 30 MINUTE PAINTINGS!! SO LIBERATING!!









Well..I have a couple of things to talk about, and several more of my "30 MINUTE PAINTINGS ON CARDBOARD". These paintings are fun, and since there is not the pressure to succeed in making something that someone will buy--(which  I may be wrong, since SIX of these have sold already)--they are quite liberating. I am painting fast, and not really caring about the end result. They are not stiff..and I am taking notes..so, it's a learning process. I love the last one..it is so dark, and different for me. It's not using much money, I'm basically painting with little piles of paint that I had down for the "real" paintings, which I am also doing, but cannot show them all until the shows. TRY THIS. Just free yourself to do whatever you wish to do..don't like what you painted..toss it in the garbage or paint over..no pressure. Just paint.

I wanted to say something about the show this past weekend. It rained. It was cold. The first four hours was wet, and absolutely NO customers. So, with 4 hours to go..the rain went away..the sun fought for a peek..and the customers came. Huntsville surprised the HECK out of me!! They came out, they bought ..they bought..they bought..Need I say more??  I'm not talking that they bought "just" from me, either..I saw A LOT of artwork moving out. THAT is a GOOD show! I sold the largest painting I had (3 feet x 4 feet), and the man took it home, hung it, and brought me a picture of it, hanging. That was so nice of him! For only having 4 hours to sell, I actually made more money than I have at a lot of two day shows. I NOW LOVE HUNTSVILLE!!! Thank you to all the great new people that I met, and who supported my art!

It was ran this year, by a man named Curtis Benzle. He did an awesome job, and put on a great show! He had a great group of volunteers, and they were more than helpful. They even brought us pizza. This is a class A show, and I was proud to be a part of it!

Well, that is all. NEXT, we will be in Birmingham at the Bluff Park Show. October 5th. ONE DAY. Maybe if you are nearby, maybe you'll come and see us! Maybe you'll buy a 30 minute painting on cardboard..LIVE ARTFULLY!!

2 comments:

Theresa Plas said...

Great Stuff Suzan! So awesome to hear about your success in Huntsville! Totally inspired:)

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

So unique and breathtaking, love your style, you are very talented.
Have a nice weekend,
Anja