Monday, April 30, 2018

WELL..THAT BLOG RE-OPENING IN 2016 DIDN'T GO SO WELL..















































Well..here we are..it is May 2018 (tomorrow)..and it's been a year and a half since I have posted on this blog. I can hear you all asking what the hell happened..and well..Politics happened..The fat orange pasty potus happened..America getting ripped apart and destroyed happened. So..I have had very little time for art..I did manage to paint 170 paintings last year..and do 4 shows. I did River Clay in Decatur, Alabama..an excellent, well-run show, and one of my favorites. I did Bluff Park in Birmingham..LOVE that show too, and of course I did Kentuck..my other favorite..and I did a show in Carrollton, GA..Did REALLY well money -wise at that show, but something was just "off"..The people or something ..it was a weird feeling, and recently there was a white supremacist rally in the town next to Carrollton, and I won't be going back. That kind of place just gives me the creeps.

Anyway..all is good in the Buckner household...had to go out last month and get Nature Boy (Mr. Chuck) a new riding lawnmower...tired of constantly having to fix our old John Deer (due to the fact that it was many years old). we finally broke down and bought him a new one. He's been happily (compulsively) mowing the yard since then..hahah...he is so funny.

My daughter finally stopped being a travelling nurse, and settled with her wife in Portland, Oregon. I hope to get to go out there and visit soon...which means I have to get over my serious fear of flying...we'll see about that..It's a BIG FEAR.

Well..that is about it. Everything is good..I am going to start painting for my 3 fall shows very soon..(possibly today)..and we are blessed to be in good spirits with good health. Hope to talk again in a few days!

Live Artfully!

No comments: